The ultimate destination for a picture-perfect safari, Botswana is home to some of the most spectacular wildlife-viewing in Africa—and few times are better to visit than early November. The beginning of the “green season” is the time for wildlife migrations, when it is possible to see an exceptional number of animals on the move—with some of the best chances to see many migratory birds. On this once-in-a-lifetime safari, you will be guided by safari legend Colin Bell—the co-founder of Wilderness Safaris, an eminent conservationist and author of The Last Elephants—for thrilling drives through the bush and activities that support elephant-conservation programs. Plus: Stay at three fantastic luxury safari camps.
A spot on this trip may be reserved with a 50% non-refundable deposit, per person, with the remaining balance to be paid in full by July 30, 2023.
Please note that travelers departing from the U.S. will need to arrive in Johannesburg on October 31 to get to Botswana on November 1. Indagare will be happy to assist with flights and overnight accommodations upon request.
What to Expect
For this special journey, we are thrilled to partner with Colin Bell and his wife and partner Heather to give you unmatched access to Botswana. Highlights of this itinerary include the opportunity to:
- Experience safari in Botswana with conservation experts Colin and Heather Bell, who will share their knowledge and connections through lectures and on game drives to bring you unforgettable wildlife experiences during one of the region’s most active seasons. This itinerary will place a special focus on elephants, in addition to offering the chance to have exceptional sightings of lions, leopards, rhinoceroses, giraffes, wild dogs, buffalo and many other species. This season is also a prime moment to see migratory birds—and this itinerary presents a particularly special experience for passionate birders.
- Venture out into the Okavango—the largest inland delta in the world—through floodplains by mokoro canoe in the company of biologists and expert guides, with the chance to visit with local communities.
- Enjoy a scenic helicopter ride to Hyena Pan’s underground viewing dugout, an unparalleled spot to observe elephants safely from just inches away. As they go about their daily activities undisturbed, you’ll have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to learn about their behavior. Plus, it’s an exceptional spot for photography!
- Enjoy one of the world’s most exhilarating and scenic flights with a low-level helicopter transfer from the northern Okavango down the Selinda Spillway to the Linyanti wetlands and the headwaters of the Chobe River, en route from Duke’s Camp to DumaTau.
- Relax at intimate, immersive luxury safari lodges: Tuludi Camp, Duke’s Camp and DumaTau, which provide some of the best wildlife-viewing in Botswana in a soulful atmosphere. Tuludi Camp is located in the Khwai Private Reserve, a prime area of over 400,000 acres bordering the Moremi Game Reserve and containing one of the greatest elephant concentrations in the world, along with many plains antelope and their predators. Duke’s Camp is located in a completely different and contrasting sector of the northern Okavango in a sprawling 220,000-acre reserve that is locally known as NG12. Located right on the edge of the Linyanti waterways and the Zibadianja Lagoon, DumaTau in Setswana means the “roar of the lion”—but the lodge is more famously known for being home to some of the largest concentrations of elephants anywhere in Africa.
- Enjoy gourmet meals al fresco with your hosts and fellow travelers—and sundowner cocktails, a safari tradition, that roll into dinners under the stars.
- Worry less, experience more: Indagare’s expert team will help you navigate a safe and rewarding travel experience. Plus: you’ll have complimentary 24/7 access to the emergency medical, security and evacuation services of Global Rescue on the ground.
Please note that elements of the itinerary may change.
The health and safety of our travelers is our No. 1 priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. For any questions, please reach out to our team at email@example.com.
WhenNovember 1 - 9, 2023
Length9 days / 8 nights
Type of TravelerAdventurers , Trailblazers , Soul Searchers