Immerse yourself in the ancient history and wild mountain landscapes of this fascinating East African destination on a 10-night adventure that crosses from the diplomatic capital of Addis Ababa to the vibrant Omo River Valley.
A spot on this trip may be reserved with a deposit of $2,500 per person (refundable before June 1, 2021), with the remaining balance to be paid in full by August 2, 2021 (nonrefundable).
The health and safety of our travelers is our number-one priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. We are in close contact with all of our partners to ensure that they are committed to the health and comfort of our travelers by practicing enhanced sanitization and disinfecting procedures, respecting social distancing guidelines, and remaining as contactless as possible. For more information and questions about specific protocols that have been put into place to make your trip as safe as possible, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Expect
Although Ethiopia is known as “the Geneva of Africa” and is home to one of the oldest Christian civilizations in the world, it is often overlooked by travelers who choose instead to head to its southern, safari-focused neighbors. On this trailblazing journey, members will experience a rich combination of ancient history and urban life, untouched natural landscapes and astounding native cultures, challenging physical activity and deep relaxation by unplugging from the minutiae of daily life in a remote oasis. From the capital of Addis Ababa to the wild Omo River Valley, itinerary highlights include expert-guided tours of UNESCO-protected religious monuments in ancient Christian cities, overnights at tented camps, hiking, safari drives and the chance to meet with Ethiopian mountain tribes for once-in-a-lifetime cultural exchange.
- Explore an up-and-coming travel destination steeped in history, culture and outdoor adventure—before the crowds arrive.
- Experience expert-guided touring in the historic capital city of Addis Ababa, including the chance to see top monuments and the skeleton of “Lucy,” the oldest hominid ever discovered.
- Hike in the Gheralta Mountains to see the famous medieval rock-hewn churches, as well as the UNESCO-protected ancient cities of Lalibela and Axum.
- Venture on walking and river safaris in the Omo Valley to see the area’s wildlife.
- Meet with traditional Ethiopian mountain tribes for once-in-a-lifetime cultural exchange and immersion.
- Connect with other Indagare members over festive group meals, picnics and sundowners at top adventure lodges.
- Enjoy seamless travel throughout Ethiopia with scheduled private air charters, as well as an Indagare representative who will accompany you on the trip to assist with all logistics.
- Add on a customized, Indagare-planned post-trip extension to Egypt, Dubai and beyond.
Please note that elements of the itinerary may change. A spot on this trip may be reserved with a deposit of $2,500 per person (refundable before June 1, 2021), with the remaining balance to be paid in full by August 2, 2021 (nonrefundable).
Contact our team at email@example.com to inquire about customizing this trip for your small group or private experience, over dates of your choosing.
WhenNovember 2 - 11, 2021
Length10 days / 9 nights
Type of TravelerAdventurers , Intellectuals , Trailblazers