Immerse yourself in the ancient history and wild mountain landscapes of this fascinating East African destination on a 10-night adventure that crosses from the diplomatic capital of Addis Ababa to the vibrant Omo River Valley.
What to Expect
Although Ethiopia is known as “the Geneva of Africa” and is home to one of the oldest Christian civilizations in the world, it is often overlooked by travelers who choose instead to head to its southern, safari-focused neighbors. On this trailblazing journey, members will experience a rich combination of ancient history and urban life, untouched natural landscapes and astounding native cultures, challenging physical activity and deep relaxation by unplugging from the minutiae of daily life in a remote oasis. From the capital of Addis Ababa to the wild Omo River Valley, itinerary highlights include expert-guided tours of UNESCO-protected religious monuments in ancient Christian cities, overnights at tented camps, hiking, safari drives and the chance to meet with Ethiopian mountain tribes for once-in-a-lifetime cultural exchange.
- Explore an up-and-coming travel destination steeped in history, culture and outdoor adventure—before the crowds arrive.
- Experience expert-guided touring in the historic capital city of Addis Ababa, including the chance to see top monuments and the skeleton of “Lucy,” the oldest hominid ever discovered.
- Hike in the Gheralta Mountains to see the famous medieval rock-hewn churches, as well as the UNESCO-protected ancient cities of Lalibela and Axum.
- Venture on walking and river safaris in the Omo Valley to see the area’s wildlife.
- Meet with traditional Ethiopian mountain tribes for once-in-a-lifetime cultural exchange and immersion.
- Connect with other Indagare members over festive group meals, picnics and sundowners at top adventure lodges.
- Enjoy seamless travel throughout Ethiopia with scheduled private air charters, as well as an Indagare representative who will accompany you on the trip to assist with all logistics.
- Add on a customized, Indagare-planned post-trip extension to Egypt, Dubai and beyond.
WhenTo be announced
Length10 days / 9 nights
Type of TravelerAdventurers , Intellectuals , Trailblazers