Just off the southeastern coast of Africa, Madagascar is home to diverse ecosystems—including lush tropical rainforests, baobab groves and vibrant coral reefs—that support the world’s greatest concentration of unique species: over 80 percent of the biodiversity in Madagascar is found nowhere else on Earth. Famous for its lively, adorable lemurs, the island is also occupied by other fascinating inhabitants like chameleons and flying foxes—and new species are constantly being discovered. Many of these creatures are critically endangered, making Madagascar the only and, perhaps, last place to see them in the wild. This precious island is one of the few remaining frontiers for developing life on Earth—and as the environment is increasingly threatened, we believe that travel to places like Madagascar can perform a meaningful role in their survival.
See this wondrous place for yourself—and help protect it—this November, on an intimate expedition with celebrated naturalist guide and Madagascar environmentalist Lee Fuller.
A spot on this trip may be reserved with a nonrefundable 50% deposit, per person, with payment due in full on July 30, 2023.
To learn more about traveling to Madagascar, read this article from Indagare founder Melissa Biggs Bradley, who visited the island in 2018.
What to Expect
For this special journey, we are thrilled to partner with Lee Fuller to give you unmatched access to Madagascar. Highlights of this itinerary include the opportunity to:
- Explore one of the most precious, untouched island gems of the Indian Ocean with your host, Lee Fuller, an acclaimed safari guide and former resident of Madagascar, on day and night forest walks, hikes and aquatic adventures.
- Join scientists, NGOs and conservationists to explore such natural oases as Andasibe-Mantadia National Park, Anjajavy Reserve and Moramba Bay. Venture through rainforests and tropical lagoons to observe rare and critically endangered species in the wild, including lemurs, flying foxes, fish eagles and giant tortoises.
- Participate in conservation initiatives through expert-led environmental education and visits to local villages, to discover Malagasy culture and to protect the natural marvels of Madagascar for generations to come.
- Experience true outdoor adventure in a wonderland of natural landscapes— a kaleidoscope of colors and shapes—that have been traversed by few others before you.
- Relax at Anjajavy Le Lodge, an eco-luxury resort located on a nearly 18,000-acre rainforest reserve, and enjoy activities like snorkeling, yoga and boat cruising.
- Explore the history, architecture and cuisine of Madagascar’s vibrant capital Antananarivo (fondly known as “Tana”).
- Travel in good conscience, knowing that your entire trip has been set up as a carbon-neutral expedition, designed by our team with special care to reduce unnecessary energy waste. Additionally, a portion of the trip’s cost will go towards supporting community conservation initiatives on the ground.
- Worry less, experience more: Indagare’s expert team will help you navigate a safe and rewarding travel experience. Plus: you’ll have complimentary 24/7 access to the emergency services of Global Rescue on the ground.
Please note that elements of the itinerary may change.
The health and safety of our travelers is our No. 1 priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. For any questions, please reach out to our team at email@example.com.
WhenNovember 4 – 13, 2023
Length10 days / 9 nights
Type of TravelerAdventurers , Trailblazers , Do Gooders