Often described as Africa’s final frontier—and one of the least-populated places in the world—Namibia consists of desert, sand dunes, huge open spaces and great swaths of silence. Here, you can strike a balance between meditation and adventure, on nature walks through otherworldly landscapes, game drives to see incredible wildlife, excursions by air and by water, and tours for photography and cultural exchange—all while based at the region’s most beautiful luxury safari lodges.
What to Expect
Inspired by our most popular Insider Journeys itineraries, Indagare Departures combine the best of Indagare’s destination expertise and special access—while allowing for flexibility and customization—to offer you an effortless and rewarding way to explore the world. Every Indagare Departure is curated to offer maximum immersion in our destinations, allowing you to discover once-in-a-lifetime experiences with likeminded travelers.
Itinerary highlights include:
- Discover Namibia’s awe-inspiring landscapes—a true photographer’s paradise— through hikes, walks and game drives with expert naturalist guides, as well as outdoor adventure activities like kayaking, hot air ballooning and quad biking.
- Traverse one of Africa’s final frontiers in safety and comfort, with private charters, Indagare guides and accommodations at our favorite luxury lodges, including Kulala Desert Lodge, Hoanib Skeleton Camp and Serra Cafema
- Explore Sossusvlei’s iconic giant red sand dunes and search for desert wildlife including oryx, springbok and ostrich; climb one of the highest dunes, “Big Daddy;” visit Deadvlei, an ancient white-clay pan; and have a Champagne breakfast in the dunes.
- See the otherworldly Skeleton Coast by air and by land. A top destination for surfers and photographers alike, this vast desert along the beach is dotted with shipwrecks and an amazing array of wildlife, including seabird colonies, Cape fur seals, zebra, gemsbok and desert-adapted elephants and lions.
- Enjoy kayak excursions and sunset cruises along the Kunene River and see the magnificent Epupa Falls.
- Meet the Himba—members of one of southern Africa’s last nomadic groups that maintain an authentic, traditional lifestyle—on a village visit.
- Add a customized Indagare post-trip to South Africa, Botswana, Victoria Falls and beyond
WhenFebruary 22 – March 1, 2020
Length9 days / 8 nights
Type of TravelerAdventurers , Trailblazers , Soul Searchers