Often described as Africa’s final frontier—and one of the least-populated places in the world—Namibia consists of desert, sand dunes, huge open spaces and great swaths of silence. Here, you can strike a balance between meditation and adventure, on nature walks through otherworldly landscapes, game drives to see incredible wildlife, excursions by air and by water, and tours for photography and cultural exchange—all while based at the region’s most beautiful luxury safari lodges.
A spot on this trip may be secured with a non-refundable deposit of $4,500, per person.
The health and safety of our travelers is our number-one priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. We are in close contact with all of our partners to ensure that they are committed to the health and comfort of our travelers by practicing enhanced sanitization and disinfecting procedures, respecting social distancing guidelines, and remaining as contactless as possible. For more information and questions about specific protocols that have been put into place to make your trip as safe as possible, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Expect
Inspired by our most popular Insider Journeys itineraries, Indagare Departures combine the best of Indagare’s destination expertise and special access—while allowing for flexibility and customization—to offer you an effortless and rewarding way to explore the world. Every Indagare Departure is curated to offer maximum immersion in our destinations, allowing you to discover once-in-a-lifetime experiences with likeminded travelers. Itinerary highlights include:
- Traverse one of Africa’s final frontiers in safety and comfort, with private charters, Indagare guides and accommodations at our favorite luxury lodges, including Little Kulala and Hoanib Skeleton Camp.
- Discover Namibia’s awe-inspiring landscapes—a true photographer’s paradise— through hikes, walks and nature drives with expert guides, as well as outdoor adventure activities like kayaking, hot air ballooning and quad biking.
- Enjoy early entry into the Namib Naukluft National Park to search for local species like ostrich, springbok, gemsbok, bat-eared fox, cape fox, brown hyena and black- backed jackal.
- Explore Sossusvlei’s iconic giant red sand dunes, with the chance to climb one of the highest dunes, “Big Daddy,” and visit Deadvlei, an ancient white-clay pan.
- See the otherworldly Skeleton Coast by air and by land. A top destination for surfers and photographers alike, this vast desert along the beach is dotted with shipwrecks and an amazing array of wildlife, including seabird colonies, cape fur seals and desert-adapted elephants and lions.
- Meet with the director of the Skeleton Coast Brown Hyena Project to track a local group of brown hyenas. One of Africa’s largest carnivores, the brown hyena is estimated to have a population of only 5,000 to 8,000 in all of Africa, making them one of the rarest large carnivores and one of the most vulnerable species on the continent.
- Add a customized Indagare post-trip to South Africa, Botswana, Victoria Falls and beyond
Please note that elements of the itinerary may change.
Contact our team at email@example.com to inquire about customizing this trip for your small group or private experience, over dates of your choosing.
Length7 days / 6 nights
Type of TravelerAdventurers , Trailblazers , Soul Searchers