Africa’s most stylish city has been enjoying the spotlight in recent years thanks to exciting openings like the Zeitz MOCAA Museum of Contemporary Art Africa and the Silo Hotel. From the contemporary designers and artists who are reimagining local tradition to the architects modernizing the cityscape, Cape Town’s creatives are some of the world’s best. Now, you can meet them—at special receptions and studio visits offering a behind-the-scenes look at their work—on this exclusive journey, hosted by the founder of Indagare (and Africa expert) Melissa Biggs Bradley and AD editor Gay Gassmann. Plus, explore the Winelands, where you can visit epic estates and wander sculpture gardens, and get the chance to make a difference at some of the city’s most impactful community projects.
A spot on this trip may be secured with a non-refundable deposit of $3,500, per person, with the remaining balance to be paid in full by January 1, 2020.
What to Expect
Itinerary highlights include:
- Meet designers and influencers at receptions at Cape Town’s most stylish addresses, including high-design hotspot the Silo.
- Dive into Cape Town’s cutting-edge design scene with exclusive visits—hosted by the owners and curators—to top galleries and studios like dkh Architects, the Southern Guild Collectible Design Gallery, the Norval Foundation and Caro Jesse.
- Take a curator-led tour of Zeitz MOCAA, the new Museum of Contemporary Art Africa that is now one of Cape Town’s most important cultural institutions.
- Explore the dynamic art and culinary movements that are emerging from the Cape Winelands region with a day trip that includes a tour of the Dylan Lewis Sculpture Garden, lunch at Delaire Graff Estate and a visit to the magnificent Babylonstoren.
- Go behind-the-scenes of Cape Town’s most impactful community projects to meet the innovators empowering women and promoting fair trade in South Africa.
- Extend your trip with a safari or luxury beach escape with a custom itinerary planned by Indagare’s expert team.
WhenMarch 15 – 20, 2020
Length6 days / 5 nights
Type of TravelerArt Lovers , Style Mavens , Ultimate Indulgers