Few countries in the world stimulate the five senses with as much intensity as India. From the buzzing energy of Delhi and the abundance of crafts in Jaipur to the solemn beauty of the Taj Mahal in Agra, India’s many regions offer larger-than-life experiences that are spectacular in very different ways. This itinerary makes an approachable trip out of a complex and layered destination that can otherwise become overwhelming. It offers ample time to explore lavish palaces, immerse yourself in Hindu culture and see all the highlights of India’s major cities—Delhi, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Jaipur and Agra—with an insider’s perspective.
What to Expect
This packaged itinerary combines the best of Indagare’s destination expertise and insider intel. Itinerary highlights include:
- Immerse yourself in the beauty and inspiration of India through once-in-a-lifetime experiences in Delhi, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Jaipur and Agra—the perfectly balanced itinerary for a first-time India visitor.
- Gain context through expert-guided architecture and history-focused tours that showcase the most iconic monuments of India, including palaces, forts, temples and gardens.
- Enjoy special guided shopping experiences in markets, ateliers, boutiques and workshops that will allow you to peruse an incredible array of jewelry, home goods and textiles, featuring both traditional and innovative interpretations intended to give you a glimpse of the richness and diversity of Indian craftsmanship.
- Check an item off of your travel bucket list with a guided sunrise visit to the Taj Mahal, with prime photography opportunities.
- Bring royal history and fantasy to life through accommodations at India’s most indulgent properties, including the Rambagh Palace, Umaid Bhawan Palace and Taj Lake Palace—former palaces that have since been restored and transformed into hotels.
- Enjoy meals at such special locations as historic palaces, as well as India’s best restaurants.
- Expand your journey with a custom, Indagare-planned itinerary to other areas of India including bustling Mumbai and spiritual Varanasi; Bhutan; and beyond.
WhenTo be announced
Length11 days / 10 nights
Type of TravelerUltimate Indulgers , Style Mavens , Art Lovers