Indonesia is home to thousands of miles of white-sand beaches, crystalline waters and lush jungles—but few areas are more precious than the Maluku Archipelago, a beautiful and historic collection of approximately 1,000 islands known for their importance during the colonial spice trade, as well as their unique topography and marine life. Now, you can discover the wonders of this incredibly biodiverse area—and journey back through history—by sailing for seven nights aboard the first luxury expedition yacht to offer cruises through the region, embarking from the charming port city of Ambon.
What to Expect
The owner of Aqua Expeditions, Francesco Galli Zugaro, is unveiling his first expedition boat, the Aqua Blu, and he has created a special trip just for Indagare aboard this five-deck, 15-cabin, 198-foot modern super-yacht that is fully loaded with a spa, jacuzzi, and plenty of water toys, including diving equipment. Itinerary highlights include:
- Discover Indonesia’s picturesque Maluku Islands—with white-sand beaches, lush jungles and aquamarine waters—while cruising in the company of Indagare members in complete comfort aboard the Aqua Blu.
- Enjoy some of the best snorkeling, fishing and diving sites in the world, within the incredibly biodiverse Coral Triangle, which is home to underwater thermal springs and gardens, manta rays, tropical marine fish and the world’s largest leatherback turtles—as well as many species that cannot be found anywhere else in the world.
- Trek to find untouched mangrove forests filled with rare birds-of-paradise, look for reef sharks, spinner dolphins and rare manatees while swimming in crystal- clear pools and hike the towering Gunung Banda Api volcano, which is still active.
- Journey through history and watch it come to life as you retrace the famous Old World spice trade route—which entranced and mystified explorers like Christopher Columbus and Ferdinand Magellan—with immersive tours of colonial forts, former spice plantations and more.
- Learn about native craft traditions, meet locals and have unique shopping opportunities with village visits and market tours.
- Add post-trip extensions to Bali, Sumba, Bawah Reserve, Singapore, Phuket, Phnom Penh and more.
WhenOctober 31 – November 7, 2020
Length8 days / 7 nights
Type of TravelerAdventurers , Soul Searchers , Ultimate Indulgers