Once the intersection for Asian, Persian and Mediterranean civilizations along the Silk Road, and later a republic of the Soviet Union, Uzbekistan has stepped back onto the world’s stage thanks to its wealth of cultural offerings—from glittering mosaics, vibrant silks and handcrafted ceramics to sacred Islamic sites and royal buildings. On this journey, you will discover this emerging destination with expert local hosts who will open doors to top monuments and artisan workshops for an immersive look at Uzbekistan’s crafts and history.
A spot on this trip may be reserved with a deposit of $1,500 per person (refundable before May 10, 2021—minus a $650 cancellation fee), with the remaining balance to be paid in full by September 10, 2021 (nonrefundable).
The health and safety of our travelers is our number-one priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. We are in close contact with all of our partners to ensure that they are committed to the health and comfort of our travelers by practicing enhanced sanitization and disinfecting procedures, respecting social distancing guidelines, and remaining as contactless as possible. For more information and questions about specific protocols that have been put into place to make your trip as safe as possible, please reach out to our team at email@example.com.
What to Expect
This packaged itinerary combines the best of Indagare’s destination expertise and insider intel. It includes set dates, hotels and activities—so you don’t have to worry about planning—but allows for flexibility, customization and free time to explore on your own. Itinerary highlights include:
- Explore the riches of the former crossroads of the world: the ancient heart of the Silk Road, where the warmth of the Mediterranean meets the beauty of Islamic, Russian and East Asian cultures. Today, Uzbekistan is a safe, cosmopolitan and welcoming country that remains virtually untouched by tourists—and now is the time to visit, before the crowds arrive.
- Access incredible shopping experiences, with behind-the-scenes meetings with artisans and designers in their studios and visits to crafts centers, for such local treasures as paintings, ceramics, mosaics and textiles, including brightly-colored ikats, silks and embroidery.
- Enjoy expert-guided historical and cultural touring in Tashkent, Bukhara and Samarkand, where you will learn about the many rulers and civilizations that have shaped Uzbekistan into what it is today (including Alexander the Great, Genghis Khan, the Muslim and Mongolian empires and the Soviet Union).
- Explore Uzbekistan’s great mosques, tiled mausoleums and imposing fortresses on architecture tours, as well as other monuments ranging in style from the medieval to the Baroque and the Brutalist.
- Be hosted in the private homes of Uzbek locals for genuine cultural exchanges.
- Continue your adventure with an optional add-on in Khiva, an ancient, fairytale-like city with UNESCO-protected monuments and excellent workshops.
- Expand your journey with a custom, Indagare-planned itinerary to Georgia, Russia, Poland, Turkey or beyond.
Please note that elements of the itinerary may change. A spot on this trip may be reserved with a deposit of $1,500 per person (refundable before May 10, 2021—minus a $650 cancellation fee), with the remaining balance to be paid in full by September 10, 2021 (nonrefundable).
Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about customizing this trip for your small group or private experience, over dates of your choosing.
WhenNovember 1 - 7, 2021
Length7 days / 6 nights
Type of TravelerArt Lovers , Intellectuals , Trailblazers