Steeped in a reverence for tradition and appreciation for detail, Japan is also one of the most pioneering and dynamic countries in the world, seamlessly fusing the historic with the futuristic. The offerings for a culturally curious traveler are astounding, from the crafts, fashion and food scenes to the amazing history, religion and architecture (Japan has more buildings by Pritzker Prize award–winning architects than any other country in the world). This itinerary offers an insider’s view of this complex and layered destination, with ample time to experience the highlights of Tokyo and Kyoto.
The health and safety of our travelers is our number-one priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. We are in close contact with all of our partners to ensure that they are committed to the health and comfort of our travelers by practicing enhanced sanitization and disinfecting procedures, respecting social distancing guidelines, and remaining as low-contact as possible. For more information and questions about specific protocols that have been put into place to make your trip as safe as possible, please reach out to our team at email@example.com.
What to Expect
This packaged itinerary combines the best of Indagare’s destination expertise and insider intel. Itinerary highlights include:
- Immerse yourself in the beauty of Japanese culture with visits to historic temples, zen meditation sessions, a visit to a tea house and a geisha performance.
- Explore Tokyo with a guided market tour and “only in Japan” shopping tour.
- See the highlights of Kyoto, including the Kawai Kanjiro Museum and the thousands of orange gates at the Fushimi Inari Shrine.
- Taste local delicacies and learn about the art of Japanese cuisine, both past and present, with omakase and kaiseki meals, as well as reservations at Tokyo and Kyoto’s top restaurants and stops for noodles and sushi at beloved local spots.
- Visit the Saihoji Moss Garden in Kyoto, to which access is usually limited.
- Spend a day in Hakone to visit the Enoura Obervatory, wander the famous open-air sculpture park and the Hakone art museum, and get a taste of ryokan life with a night at the Indagare-adored Gora Kadan.
- Explore the district of Arashiyama, where you will take a rickshaw ride through bamboo forests and a boat ride that offers impressive views of the mountains.
- Explore charming neighborhoods in Tokyo and Kyoto and discover their hidden gems, including temples, galleries, up-and-coming studios and artisan workshops for ceramics, silks, paper and other crafts.
- Go shopping with a stylist who will outfit you with your very own kimono.
- Worry less, experience more: Indagare’s expert Insider Journeys team will help you navigate a safe, responsible and rewarding travel experience—and help plan custom trip extensions to other areas of Japan including Naoshima, Kanazawa or Hiroshima; Fiji; Hawaii; or beyond. Plus: you’ll be guided through the new travel landscape by our most trusted local partners.
Please note that elements of the itinerary may change.
Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about customizing this trip for your small group or private experience, over dates of your choosing.
WhenNovember 6 - 13, 2022
Length8 days / 7 nights
Type of TravelerArt Lovers , Foodies , Style Mavens