Few moments are as exciting as first landing in a tropical destination and climbing into the car to head towards the beach with the windows rolled down and the sun warming your face. To ensure that those high expectations are met, Indagare has outlined an ideal itinerary upon arriving at Carlisle Bay.
- Late Lunch: Order a pizza from the wood-burning oven at Ottimo!, located next to the pool. Couples may also enjoy a more intimate lunch at Jetty Grill, the adults-only restaurant at the water’s edge.
- Restore: Book the exclusive Island Bathing experience, where you’ll be whisked away by private boat to a secluded island off the coast of Antigua for a guided meditation at sunrise or sunset.
- Get Active: Swim in the calm, turquoise waters or take advantage of the many onsite activities including sailing, paddle boarding, snorkeling, kayaking and windsurfing.
- Shop: Visit local artist Nancy Nicholson’s gallery, Rhythm of Blue (Dockyard Drive, English Harbor), which features pottery made with locally sourced clay and finished with bright blue glazes. The gallery also hosts rotating exhibitions from talented local artists.
- Stroll: The horseshoe-shaped beach with a Antiguan rum punch in hand.
- Dine: At Indigo on the Beach, located only steps from the water, and order freshly caught seafood and vegetables grown in the hotel’s garden.
- Check the schedule: For sunrise yoga and pilates, rainforest hikes, sailing lessons and boat excursions.
- Culture Moment: Visit Nelson’s Dockyard, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Antigua’s English Harbor, which dates back to 500 BC. Arrive by private boat and have an on-board picnic, then go snorkeling around the reef.
To see more of our favorite itineraries for your first day abroad, check out our Upon Arrival column.