From the charming colonial streets of Cartagena to the creative spirit of Bogotá and Medellín, with adventures in the remote coffee region, Colombia promises a dynamic cultural immersion at the northern tip of South America. The country as a whole is still emerging as a top destination—but it won’t be long before more travelers arrive, thanks to the richness of its offerings. Equally thrilling for history and politics buffs, foodies and art and design lovers, the perfect Colombia itinerary balances meaningful discussion of the country’s troubled past with an authentic look at the many colorful ways that it is moving into the future. On this six-night journey, you can experience this through the eyes of locals—including ex-soldiers, artists, activists and chefs—with tours, workshops and special meals that will unlock Colombia’s hidden doors.
The health and safety of our travelers is our number-one priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. We are in close contact with all of our partners to ensure that they are committed to the health and comfort of our travelers by practicing enhanced sanitization and disinfecting procedures, respecting social distancing guidelines, and remaining as low-contact as possible. For more information and questions about specific protocols that have been put into place to make your trip as safe as possible, as well as entry/exit requirements for Colombia, please reach out to our team at email@example.com.
What to Expect
This packaged itinerary combines the best of Indagare’s destination expertise and insider intel. It includes set dates, hotels and activities—so you don’t have to worry about planning—but allows for flexibility, customization and free time to explore on your own. Itinerary highlights include:
- Witness a fascinating destination in a moment of transformation, as Colombia emerges from its violent past into a vibrant new era of peace and cultural development. The itinerary balances perspectives with a mix of time in modern Bogotá, beautiful Cartagena, thought-provoking Medellín and the verdant Andean countryside.
- Gain an authentic understanding of Colombia’s sociopolitical and economic evolution from locals and experts with a diverse array of touring experiences, including street art and architecture exploration in historic neighborhoods, a “handcrafted in Colombia” survey of Bogotá’s top ateliers and artisan studios, a trip to Comuna 13 to explore the beating heart of political hip-hop and urban modern art, a tour of the Museum of Memory and more.
- Dive into Colombia’s dynamic food scene with tasting meals at innovative modern restaurants as well as local experiences at beloved neighborhood favorites and private homes—plus, explore the Cartagena market and learn how to make the perfect ceviche with a local chef.
- Explore the remote Andean countryside with a visit to a coffee hacienda with a renowned chef and owner of some of Colombia’s top restaurants, with the chance to spend time learning about the coffee production process and experimenting in the kitchen.
- Discover an emerging destination, with an Indagare host to handle all logistics, accommodations at the lovely Four Seasons Casa Medina, Elcielo Hotel Medellín and Casa San Agustín Cartagena—plus prearranged flights and car transfers throughout the country.
- Travel With Purpose: During this time of unprecedented global struggle, support the livelihoods of local communities with your tourism.
- Worry less, experience more: Indagare’s expert Insider Journeys team will help you navigate a safe and rewarding travel experience—before, during and after your trip, so that you can get back out on the road with greater confidence. Plus: you’ll be guided through the new travel landscape our most trusted local partners while on the ground.
Please note that elements of the itinerary may change.
Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about customizing this trip for your small group or private experience, over dates of your choosing.
WhenSeptember 10 - 16, 2021
Length7 days / 6 nights
Type of TravelerArt Lovers , Foodies , Trailblazers