Uruguay’s tiny beach town of José Ignacio is a chic retreat from urban life that exudes barefoot elegance with a distinctly South American, bohemian charm and an impressive art and design scene. Perfect for an effortless, restorative getaway, this four-night itinerary offers a taste of the best that this region has to offer, with a special focus on healing experiences like yoga, meditation and massage, as well as life’s simple pleasures: good food, good wine and time by the sea.
The health and safety of our guests is our number-one priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. We are in close contact with all of our partners to ensure that they are committed to the health and comfort of our travelers by practicing enhanced sanitization and disinfecting procedures, respecting social distancing guidelines, and remaining as contactless as possible. For more information and questions about specific protocols that have been put into place to make your trip as safe as possible, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Expect
While you are based at the exquisite, design-minded Bahia Vik beachfront hideaway, you will also be able to sample the experiences of the other Vik properties, for a taste of ranch life at Estancia Vik and the artist’s escape at Playa Vik. Along the way, enjoy boat tours and free time to explore nearby towns known for their galleries and boutiques.
This offer is available for custom dates, subject to availability, during October 1-31, November 1-30 and December 1-20, 2020 and February 22-April 30, 2021. Highlights of this itinerary include the opportunity to:
- Unwind and restore in a beautiful private beach setting at Bahia Vik, a uniquely design-minded property that is one of the finest in José Ignacio. A spacious beachfront hideaway with a resort-like vibe, it is located just a 20-minute walk or five-minute bike ride from town.
- Stay active with daily outdoor yoga sessions, as well as the chance to test your limits with personal training sessions and lessons in surfing and stand-up paddle boarding. You will also have plenty of free time for lounging on the sand, swimming and boating, including a half-day adventure by private yacht.
- Take care of your whole self with sauna and massage therapy as well as mindfulness treatments like sound baths and guided meditations.
- Get a taste of Uruguayan ranch life with a fun day of activities at Estancia Vik, including the chance to go riding and swimming with the on-property horses and watch a polo demonstration, accompanied by traditional treats.
- Explore José Ignacio’s internationally-acclaimed art scene with a tour of the Fundación Pablo Atchugarry and time to visit towns known for their galleries and boutiques.
- Sample the best of Uruguayan cuisine with reservations at José Ignacio’s top restaurants, as well as traditional barbecues al fresco and visits to Indagare’s favorite olive groves and wineries for tastings.
- Expand your journey with a custom Indagare-planned itinerary to Buenos Aires, Mendoza or beyond.
WhenCustom dates available upon request
Length5 days / 4 nights
Type of TravelerSoul Searchers , Foodies , Art Lovers