The jagged strip of land that stretches from the Gulf of Trieste down to Albania and Greece, Croatia boasts one of the finest coastlines in the world. Blessed with crystalline lagoons and lush islands, ancient walled cities, hilltop villages and a rich history, the country is made up of a fascinating mix of cultural influences–from Slavic to Italian–which permeate daily life. This richness is particularly evident in the northwest peninsula of Istria, a beautiful wine-producing destination (comparable to Tuscany) that remains relatively undiscovered by travelers. Next summer, rejuvenate your spirit with immersion in sun and sea as you savor all this area has to reveal with Indagare Founder Melissa Biggs Bradley.
The health and safety of our travelers is our number-one priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. We are in close contact with all of our partners to ensure that they are committed to the health and comfort of our travelers by practicing enhanced disinfecting procedures, respecting social distancing and testing guidelines, and remaining as low-contact as possible. For more information and questions about specific protocols that have been put into place to make your trip as safe as possible, as well as entry/exit requirements for Croatia, please reach out to our team at email@example.com.
What to Expect
Itinerary highlights include:
- Explore Istria’s wealth of islets, rolling hills and rustic towns along the Adriatic while hiking, biking and boating. Visits include the emerald-green Brijuni Islands National Park; Pula, a former outpost of the Roman Empire; Bale, a quiet, medieval town and one of Istria’s best-kept secrets; Kamenjak, Istria’s southernmost cape; and Rovinj, which is arguably the most photogenic town in the Adriatic. This fishing port, deserves more credit than it gets—it’s a gorgeous town with narrow streets lined with art galleries, chic boutiques and wine bars.
- Immerse yourself in the richness of the Croatian landscape through such culinary experiences as olive oil and wine tastings—with their producers, in their homes—and a privately guided truffle hunt and gnocchi-making class with a family of third-generation truffle hunters (and their dogs!).
- Learn about the history of Croatia, from its development under the Roman Empire, through the creation and dissolution of the Federation of Yugoslavia, to present day—through special-access site visits with expert guides.
- Relax at the Meneghetti Wine Hotel, a historic wine estate that is now a Relais & Châteaux haven offering an intimate experience of the Istrian countryside and pampering amenities like a wonderful spa and a private beach club.
- Connect with fellow travelers who share your interests and passions over group meals at top addresses and outdoor adventures.
- Worry less, experience more: Indagare’s expert Insider Journeys team will help you navigate a safe and rewarding travel experience—and help plan custom trip extensions to Slovenia, Montenegro or beyond. Plus: you’ll be guided through the new travel landscape by our founder Melissa Biggs Bradley and our most trusted local partners while on the ground.
Click here to learn more about our Discover Slovenia Insider Journey, also hosted by Melissa Biggs Bradley.
WhenMay 27 - June 1, 2022
Length6 days / 5 nights
Type of TravelerFoodies , Intellectuals , Adventurers