Long a bastion of understated cool, the Danish capital is abuzz with ground-breaking restaurants, trend-setting design shops and a burgeoning arts scene. The land that invented hygge—that zeitgeist word that means cozy comfort—is hotter than ever these days, and you can experience a sampling of the can’t-miss highlights—as well as the new, under-the-radar haunts—on this design-focused journey with Indagare and Architectural Digest, featuring special-access tours led by curators, designers, editors and chefs.
What to Expect
- Experience curator-led tours at Copenhagen’s top design museums, including the Louisiana Museum of Modern Art, the Danish Design Museum and Glyptotek, home of the personal art collection of Carl Jacobsen (son of the founder of Carlsberg Breweries).
- Go on tours of private studios with top Danish designers and architects like David Thulstrup, Oliver Gustav, Bjarke Ingels and others.
- Visit the archives of iconic Danish silversmith Georg Jensen.
- Enjoy an architectural highlights tour by bicycle and by boat.
- Dive into new Nordic cuisine with meals at top restaurants, as well as at a hosted lunch at the Torvehallerne food market.
- Stay at the Hotel Sanders, one of Copenhagen’s most stylish hotels.
WhenSeptember 16 – 21, 2019
Length6 days / 5 nights
Type of TravelerArt Lovers , Foodies , Style Mavens