Southwestern France is celebrated for its majestic châteaux, which offer access to beautiful gardens, charming villages, evolving creative scenes and—bien sûr—some of the finest wine-growing country in the world. On this Insider Journey, savor an authentic taste of châteaux living in the company of horticultural expert and art historian Amy Kupec Larue, who will open doors to exclusive estates, tastings and cultural experiences (with plenty of time for roses and rosé in equal measure). Days will be focused in and around Bordeaux at its most exciting moment—the harvest season—and golden afternoons will be reserved for enjoying the French countryside at two idyllic wine and wellness hotels: Les Sources de Caudalie and La Maison d’Estournel. It will be a true education in the French L’Art de Vivre!
Plus: When you sign up for this special trip, you’ll automatically be enrolled on a complimentary basis in a four-part virtual live lecture series hosted by Amy—the latest Indagare Clubs offering. The French Gardens Club will provide an immersive sneak peek at the highlights of the Insider Journey—along with some exclusive surprises—and give you the chance to meet your fellow travelers. Click here to learn more.
The health and safety of our travelers is our No. 1 priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. For any questions, please reach out to our team at email@example.com.
What to Expect
Itinerary highlights include:
- Join horticultural expert Amy Kupec Larue—one of Indagare’s most popular Insider Journey and Club hosts—for exclusive, private tours of some of the finest castles, gardens, vineyards and art collections in southwestern France, at châteaux including: Château Smith Haut Lafitte, Château Pape Clément, Château Giraud, Château Giscours, Château Pédesclaux, Château Pichon Baron and Château Chasse-Spleen.
- Explore the flavors of Bordeaux, Périgord (often described as the Tuscany of France), Médoc, Sauternes and other such sought-after regions with private tours, tastings and gala dinners at Grand Cru Classé estates.
- Experience the traditional and contemporary sides of southwestern France’s most charming villages, with time for history- and architecture-focused touring, shopping, gallery-hopping and more. Top stops include Les Chartons, known for its antiques stores; The Forest of the Senses, a sprawling open-air museum with an immersive walking trail; La Cité Du Vin, an interactive experience that focuses on the five senses to educate on the history of wine; Roman ruins; and more.
- Soak in the beauty, elegance and l‘art de vivre of French countryside culture while staying at two gorgeous luxury hotels focused on wine and wellness: the Les Sources de Caudalie (an Indagare Index property) and La Maison d’Estournel.
- Connect with your host and fellow travelers—and gain a deeper understanding of the itinerary—before the trip with complimentary enrollment in Amy’s new French Gardens Club (four virtual sessions, $650 value; see here for details).
- Worry less, experience more: Indagare’s expert Insider Journeys team will help you navigate a safe and rewarding travel experience—and help plan custom trip extensions within Paris, the Loire Valley or beyond. Plus: You’ll have complimentary 24/7 access to the emergency medical, security and evacuation services of Global Rescue, while on the ground.
Please note that elements of the itinerary may change.
WhenOctober 2 - 8, 2022
Length7 days / 6 nights
Type of TravelerIntellectuals , Foodies , Art Lovers