In a grand return to one of our most beloved destinations, this exclusive Insider Journey will celebrate exquisitely designed gardens in and around Paris—as well as the ornate châteaux and palaces that surround them. Led by Indagare Club host and horticulture expert Amy Kupec Larue, travelers can enjoy unique context and access to the City of Light’s green spaces— places that have bloomed in beauty (and historical intrigue) for centuries. As you walk in the footsteps of Louis XIV, Marie Antoinette and Joséphine and Napoleon Bonaparte, you will be able to appreciate the timeless haunts of a city that is ever-changing—and in the evenings, dive into the latest and greatest that Paris has to offer, with special reservations at top tables and visits to the hot new addresses that have been unveiled in our absence (including an Alain Ducasse restaurant in the spectacular new hotel Airelles Château de Versailles, Le Grand Contrôle, located on the very grounds of Louis XIV’s iconic estate).
The health and safety of our travelers is our number-one priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. We are in close contact with all of our partners to ensure that they are committed to the health and comfort of our travelers by practicing enhanced disinfecting procedures, respecting social distancing and testing guidelines, and remaining as low-contact as possible. For more information and questions about specific protocols that have been put into place to make your trip as safe as possible, as well as entry/exit requirements for France, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Expect
Itinerary highlights include:
- Join horticultural expert Amy Kupec Larue for exclusive, private tours of historic gardens and estates in Paris and Versailles, including: Château de Bagatelle, Marie Antoinette’s Queen’s Hamlet, Château Malmaison, Château du Chaumont, the Albert Kahn Museum and Garden, the Jardin des Plantes, the Parc Bois de Boulogne and more.
- Be one of the first foreign travelers to visit Paris post-pandemic and dive into the many new openings that have blossomed in the city in our absence, including exciting restaurants, shops and galleries.
- Experience special visits to top culture centers like the Fondation Louis Vuitton, the Opéra Garnier and the Musée Histoire de Paris Carnavalet.
- Soak in the beauty, elegance and joie de vivre of French culture while staying at two gorgeous luxury hotels: the Hôtel de Crillon (an Indagare Index property) and the Waldorf Astoria Versailles, Trianon Palace.
- Connect with fellow travelers who share your interests and passions over fantastic French meals.
- Worry less, experience more: Indagare’s expert Insider Journeys team will help you navigate a safe and rewarding travel experience—and help plan custom trip extensions within Paris, Bordeaux, Provence, the Loire Valley or beyond. Plus: you’ll be guided through the new travel landscape by one of our senior team members and our most trusted local partners, and you’ll have complimentary 24/7 access to the emergency medical, security and evacuation services of Global Rescue, while on the ground.
Please note that elements of the itinerary may change.
WhenSeptember 22 - 27, 2021
Length6 days / 5 nights
Type of TravelerRomantics , Style Mavens , Intellectuals