One of Europe’s greatest treasures, Slovenia has managed to remain rather under-the-radar, and it is known only to the most sophisticated travelers. This may be hard to believe, considering that the destination has helped set the gold standard for sustainable tourism, it is home to an exceptional wine-growing region, and it embraces history buffs, nature lovers and urbanites alike, thanks to its miles of pristine alpine trails and glacial lakes, fairytale-worthy castles and charming cobblestoned cities that breed game-changers in food and design. This fall or next summer, experience all of these highlights with exclusive access, in the company of Slovenia’s most plugged-in tastemakers, at a time when few other travelers will be there.
The health and safety of our travelers is our number-one priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. We are in close contact with all of our partners to ensure that they are committed to the health and comfort of our travelers by practicing enhanced disinfecting procedures, respecting social distancing and testing guidelines, and remaining as low-contact as possible. For more information and questions about specific protocols that have been put into place to make your trip as safe as possible, as well as entry/exit requirements for Slovenia, please reach out to our team at email@example.com.
What to Expect
Itinerary highlights include:
- Activate all of your senses in an up-and-coming destination, with an itinerary that balances historical touring, immersion in a world-class contemporary food and wine scene and alpine adventure in equal measure.
- Explore the capital of Slovenia, Ljubljana, a lovable city that is one of the hippest and greenest in Europe (reminiscent of Prague, with lively bars, cafes and art galleries—without the crowds).
- Experience Slovenia’s many natural treasures—from the aquamarine Lake Bled and otherworldly, UNESCO-protected Škocjan Caves in the Karst region to the astoundingly beautiful Soča Valley—and traverse emerald green forests and glacial lakes on hikes through the Julian Alps.
- Savor the hidden-gem Brda wine region, which produces some of the world’s best orange and biodynamic wines, among other varietals, with intimate vineyard tours.
- Hike, forage, cook and taste with three of Slovenia’s most important culinary figures: Ana Roš (2017’s World’s Best Female Chef), zero-waste pioneer Bine Volcic and foraging expert Katja Rebolj.
- Connect with fellow travelers who share your interests and passions over group meals at top restaurants in city and country—including Hisa Franko, one of the World’s 50 Best restaurants, which was awarded two Michelin Green Stars in 2020 for its innovation in sustainable gastronomy and is one of the newest foodie destinations to know now.
- Worry less, experience more: Indagare’s expert Insider Journeys team will help you navigate a safe and rewarding travel experience—and help plan custom trip extensions to Croatia, Montenegro or beyond. Plus: you’ll be guided through the new travel landscape by our most trusted local partners, and you’ll have complimentary 24/7 access to the emergency medical, security and evacuation services of Global Rescue, while on the ground.
Click here to learn more about our Discover Croatia Insider Journey.
WhenSeptember 29 - October 4, 2021 and May 22 - 27, 2022
Length6 days / 5 nights
Type of TravelerFoodies , Intellectuals , Art Lovers