One of Europe’s greatest treasures, Slovenia has managed to remain rather under-the-radar, and it is known only to the most sophisticated travelers. This may be hard to believe, considering that the destination has helped set the gold standard for sustainable tourism, it is home to an exceptional wine-growing region, and it appeals to history buffs, nature lovers and urbanites alike, thanks to its miles of pristine alpine trails and glacial lakes, fairytale-worthy castles and charming cobblestoned cities that are filled with game-changers in food and design. Next spring, experience all of these highlights with exclusive access, in the company of Slovenia’s most plugged-in tastemakers—at a time when few other travelers will be there.
What to Expect
Itinerary highlights include:
- Activate all of your senses in an up-and-coming destination, with an itinerary that balances historical touring, immersion in a world-class contemporary food and wine scene and alpine adventure in equal measure.
- Explore the capital of Slovenia, Ljubljana, a lovable city that is one of the hippest and greenest in Europe (reminiscent of Prague, with lively bars, cafes and art galleries—without the crowds).
- Experience Slovenia’s many natural treasures—from the aquamarine Lake Bled and otherworldly, UNESCO-protected Škocjan Caves in the Karst region to the astoundingly beautiful Soča Valley—and traverse emerald green forests and glacial lakes on hikes through the Julian Alps.
- Savor the hidden-gem Brda wine region, which produces some of the world’s best orange and biodynamic wines, among other varietals, with intimate vineyard tours.
- Hike, forage, cook and taste with two of Slovenia’s most important culinary figures: Ana Roš (2017’s World’s Best Female Chef) and zero-waste pioneer Bine Volcic.
- Connect with fellow travelers who share your interests and passions over group meals at top restaurants in city and country—including Hisa Franko, one of the World’s 50 Best restaurants, which was awarded two Michelin Green Stars in 2020 for its innovation in sustainable gastronomy and is one of the newest foodie destinations to know now.
- Worry less, experience more: Indagare’s expert Insider Journeys team will help you navigate a safe and rewarding travel experience. You’ll be guided through the new travel landscape by our most trusted local partners, and you’ll have complimentary 24/7 access to the emergency medical, security and evacuation services of Global Rescue, while on the ground.
Please note that elements of the itinerary may change.
Contact our team at email@example.com to inquire about customizing this trip for your small group or private experience, over dates of your choosing.
The health and safety of our travelers is our No. 1 priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. For any questions, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WhenMay 14 - 19, 2023
Length6 days / 5 nights
Type of TravelerIntellectuals , Foodies , Adventurers