What to Expect
Located in San Cassiano and close to Cortina, the lovely Rosa Alpina resort offers access to hundreds of miles of trails in the majestic Italian Dolomites, a UNESCO Natural World Heritage Site. With breathtaking views of the picturesque countryside, emerald-green meadows, waterfalls and jagged mountain peaks, you will test your limits and explore untouched natural sites on daily hikes led by expert local guides. Active mornings will be followed by delicious, well-deserved meals at the best restaurants in the area and free time to enjoy the luxuries of Rosa Alpina—including massages, spa treatments and the opportunity to participate in cooking and yoga classes. In addition to exploring with local naturalists and mountaineers, you will also be able to bond with your fellow Indagare members while soaking in the marvels of the lush Italian wilderness on this special fall journey.
The Rosa Alpina is a charming, family-owned and operated, 70-year-old Relais & Chateaux property that offers luxurious accommodations and five-star service, including a Michelin-starred culinary team. It is one of those wonderful European hideaways where tasteful design, fantastic cuisine and heartfelt hospitality come together to create an extraordinary place—which is why we return here for our annual hiking Insider Journey, year after year.
Itinerary highlights include:
- Accommodations at one of Indagare’s favorite luxury lodges, Rosa Alpina
- Explore the awe-inspiring landscapes of the Italian Dolomites, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, on daily guided 6-mile hikes with expert local mountaineers
- Enjoy delicious regional cuisine with lunches at traditional mountain lodges, or “rifugios”
- Visit top World War I memorial sites
- Unlimited access to the Rosa Alpina spa and fitness facilities
- A tasting dinner at the three-Michelin-starred restaurant St. Hubertus
- Connect with members of the Indagare community over outdoor activities and festive meals
- The opportunity to add on a post-trip extension in Milan, Venice and beyond
WhenSeptember 13 – 18, 2020
Length6 days / 5 nights
Type of TravelerAdventurers , Soul Searchers , Ultimate Indulgers