Milan has long been known as Italy’s style and design capital, but it also contains many hidden treasures that take a little more work to uncover. It is a city that lives behind closed doors. On this journey, Indagare is thrilled to partner with the editor of Cabana magazine, Martina Mondadori Sartogo, to offer you once-in-a-lifetime access into Milan’s private apartments and villas, which conceal interiors curated by Milan’s greatest designers—as well as priceless art collections—and exciting day trips to Varese and Lake Como, which will showcase the very best of the Lombardy region, with a focus on style, history and architecture.
What to Expect
- Tour the fashion capital of the world with the Editor-in-Chief of Cabana magazine—and Milan native—Martina Mondadori Sartogo for an insider’s perspective.
- Meet with local aristocrats and fashion and art insiders in their historic homes and have the chance to explore priceless design collections and beautiful gardens.
- Experience exclusive tours of galleries and studios, with a focus on the work of legendary 20th-century architects and designers like Renzo Mongiardino and Piero Portaluppi, as well as contemporary innovators.
- Join an expert guide for a private tour of Leonardo da Vinci’s The Last Supper and the villa where he lived while he painted this beguiling masterpiece.
- Take a day trip to the Alpine town of Varese and the picturesque Lake Como for private receptions in the areas’ most stylish villas.
- Dine and shop in Milan with the guidance of Indagare and Cabana’s expert recommendations.
- Find a home away from home at the Hotel Principe di Savoia, a sumptuous, grand dame property.
WhenMay 1 – 6, 2019
Length6 days / 5 nights
Type of TravelerArt Lovers , Intellectuals , Style Mavens