Savor the style of Italy’s most fashionable city with behind-the-scenes visits to premier galleries and design studios, as well as private homes, with the editors of WSJ. Magazine.
A spot on this trip may be secured with a non-refundable deposit of $3,500, per person, with the remaining balance to be paid in full by January 15, 2020.
What to Expect
Experience the pioneering style and design—as well as the Old-World glamour—of Milan, Italy’s historic capital of fashion and industry, on this special Insider Journey in partnership with WSJ. Magazine. WSJ. Magazine contributing editor Sarah Medford will lead you behind the scenes in Milan to meet the city’s most influential tastemakers on private gallery and atelier visits and explore inside some of the area’s magnificent villas.
You will also explore the Milan that lies behind closed doors with curator- and family-led tours of private homes, including the urban residence of an iconic fashion clan, and unparalleled access to such city highlights as Leonardo da Vinci’s The Last Supper, the Miart fair and top restaurants. Along the way, you will be joined by creative players from top Italian-owned fashion brands for special events.
Itinerary highlights include:
- Behind-the-scenes visits with top Milan designers in their studios, as well as at the city’s most prestigious contemporary art galleries, museums and fashion ateliers.
- Festive receptions at the private villas and apartments of iconic design families—including the homes of Jacopo Etro, the founders of Dimore Studio and the late legendary designer Gabriella Crespi.
- A private tour and dinner at the historic Palazzo Crespi, which was designed by icon Renzo Mongiardino and contains the largest private collection of old masters in Milan.
- A private viewing of Leonardo da Vinci’s The Last Supper with an expert curator.
- VIP access to Miart 2020, a top international contemporary and modern art fair.
- A special day trip to Lake Como with visits to impressive villas and design hotels (to be confirmed).
- An exclusive invitation to a party hosted by WSJ. Magazine, as well as reservations at Milan’s top restaurants.
- Free time to shop and explore in Milan on your own, with the help of WSJ. Magazine and Indagare’s expert advice.
- The chance to add on a post-trip extension, planned by Indagare’s expert team, with access to Milan’s Salone del Mobile fair—or to Lake Como, Venice and beyond.
In the words of one of the travelers who joined this trip in 2019: “It was an unforgettable, ‘Trip Of A Lifetime’ experience. The itinerary was on the absolutely highest level, and the friendships that we all created along the way were priceless!” Click here to see more highlights.
WhenApril 16 – 20, 2020
Length5 days / 4 nights
Type of TravelerArt Lovers , Intellectuals , Style Mavens