The Wall Street Journal Special Offers: Exclusive Packages Back to The Wall Street Journal Special Offers
Special Edition: Milan Design with The Wall Street Journal
3 Nights, From $1,800
Experience the pioneering style and design—as well as the Old-World glamour—of Milan, Italy’s historic capital of fashion and industry, through this special package curated by The Wall Street Journal and Indagare. In addition to exploring the highlights of the city—including the rooftop of the famously spired Duomo di Milano and the exhibitions of the cutting-edge Fondazione Prada—with expert guides, you will also be able to get an inside look at the life of the fashionable set while staying at one of the city’s coolest new hotels: Galleria Vik Milano, which is located inside of the iconic Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II shopping complex and contains a wonderland of contemporary art.
Rate: From $1,800 per room, based on three nights’ accommodations (double-occupancy), excluding taxes, fees and gratuity. Room rates are subject to change based on your travel dates, availability and room category choice.
This exclusive offer is valid until December 27, 2021. Travel dates may be set up through December 30, 2021.
This Special Offer Includes:
- Three nights’ accommodations (for two people) in a Deluxe Gallery or Grand Gallery Room at Galleria Vik Milano, with complimentary daily breakfast.
- One guided tour (for two people) of the Fondazione Prada: One of the most exciting art institutions in Milan is the foundation started in 1995 by Miuccia Prada and Patrizio Bertelli. The envelope-pushing museum opened in a Rem Koolhaus–designed space in an industrial area south of the city in the spring of 2015. The transformed former distillery consists of multiple buildings and houses exhibition spaces, as well as a well-stocked bookstore and the Wes Anderson–designed Bar Luce. The Tower houses nine levels, six of which are home to exhibition spaces, while the remaining three are occupied by the 84-seat Restaurant Torre and a panoramic terrace with a rooftop bar. The museum boasts a whopping 120,000 square-feet of exhibition space and is a personal testament to intellectual curiosity and the deep belief in art as communication.
- One guided tour (for two people) at the famous Duomo di Milano–one of the largest cathedrals in the world. Your tour will include tickets to take the elevator up to the roof terraces where, on a clear day, you can see the snow-tipped Alps from between the jutting spires of the cathedral.
- One guided art tour (for two people) of Galleria Vik, hosted by the resident Art Director, to provide behind-the-scenes insight into the property’s extensive contemporary collection. Click here to read more about the property.
- One guided wine tasting (for two people) led by the resident Sommelier, featuring a selection of Vik wines.
WSJ x Indagare Exclusive Benefits:
- Access the services of Indagare’s expert trip-planning team, both while preparing for your departure and during your trip. You will have personal access to Indagare’s specialists for booking and travel advice, as well as assistance in arranging private transfers, flights, premium activities, and pre- and post-trip extensions for this trip.
- Worry less, experience more: Indagare’s expert Insider Journeys team will help you navigate a safe, responsible and rewarding travel experience. Plus: You’ll have complimentary 24/7 access to the emergency medical, security and evacuation services of Global Rescue, while on the ground. Contact our team to learn more.
- WSJ Members who book this package will receive a complimentary one-year Indagare Tier 3 Membership ($395 value), including access to a library of online content (live virtual travel experiences, hundreds of curated hotel and restaurant reviews and weekly travel intel and inspiration) as well as exclusive travel perks and more.
- WSJ+ Members who book this package will receive a complimentary one-year Indagare Tier 2 Membership ($825 value), including unlimited hotel recommendations and reservations, customized itinerary planning, access to flights specialists, exclusive invites, access to a library of online content (live virtual travel experiences, hundreds of curated hotel and restaurant reviews and weekly travel intel and inspiration) and VIP travel perks.
About Galleria Vik Milano:
For stylish travelers to Milan, an afternoon of window shopping in the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II has always been a must. Now they can find five-star accommodations under the same roof, thanks to Vik Retreats. The hotel brand is largely responsible for turning José Ignacio into the Hamptons of Uruguay with its luxury properties—Estancia Vik, Playa Vik and Bahia Vik—beloved by global jet-setters for their boho-chic atmosphere and eye-catching art. Now, after opening a vineyard and hotel in Chile, it has again expanded its portfolio with the launch this spring of Galleria Vik Milano, its first urban hotel and first property in Europe.
Just steps from Milan’s most famous landmark, the striking Duomo di Milano, the Vik Milano is situated inside the bustling 19th-century neoclassical Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, named for the last king of Italy and one of the oldest indoor shopping centers in the world, where its fashionable neighbors include Prada, Versace and Giorgio Armani. It occupies the former TownHouse Galleria, which has been completely renovated with artistic touches characteristic of the brand’s Uruguayan properties. Upon entering the lobby, guests are greeted by Auguste Rodin’s famous sculpture The Thinker and a mythologically inspired ceiling fresco, while pieces by contemporary Italian and South American artists fill the halls and the 90 guest rooms, each of which is unique. There are two on-site dining options: the all-day V Bar & Restaurant, overlooking the arcade, and the Neapolitan pizzeria I Dodici Gatti, on the hotel’s rooftop.
Terms & Conditions:
- This offer has the following cancellation policy: Payment must be made in full at time of booking. Cancellations made before seven days prior to arrival will be refunded in full.
- This offer applies to new bookings only.
- This offer cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.
- This offer is subject to availability and blackout dates apply, including: September 4 – 10 and 21 – 27, 2021; October 6, 9 and 10, 2021; November 8 – 11, 2021.
- This offer is valid until December 27, 2021. Travel dates may be set up through December 30, 2021.
The health and safety of our guests is our No. 1 priority. WSJ and Indagare are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and seamless travel experiences. We are in close contact with our hotel partners to ensure that they are committed to the health and comfort of our travelers by practicing enhanced sanitization and disinfecting procedures and respecting social distancing guidelines. For more information and questions about specific protocols that have been put into place to make your stay as safe as possible, please reach out to our team at email@example.com.
For further travel inspiration, explore our upcoming Insider Journeys.