Lisbon melds modern energy and innovation with a rich history. Here, winding avenues traversed by yellow trams evoke a vintage San Francisco, while cobblestoned alleys reveal rows of ceramic-tile façades that glimmer in the Iberian sun. Despite its recent boom in popularity, Lisbon has remained an authentic and down-to-earth escape. On this journey, you will discover what makes the city tick as your guides lead you through hidden doors to explore world-class cuisine, breathtaking UNESCO World Heritage sites, treasures of artisanal craftsmanship and palatial homes formerly belonging to Portuguese royalty.
What to Expect
- A day trip for a private, after-hours tour of the iconic Palácio da Pena with the palace’s director in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Sintra.
- A private visit to the Palácio da Fronteira—one of the best-kept secrets of Lisbon—to explore the palace’s opulent interiors and magical gardens.
- Festive group meals sampling Portuguese cuisine in stunning private homes and top restaurants, including a tasting lunch at the Michelin-starred Feitoria.
- A day trip to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Évora—known as the “museum city”—with a private visit and lunch at the Cadaval Palace, hosted by the Duchess of Cadaval.
- Portuguese design and artisanal craftsmanship exploration with private tours of the Foundation of Espirito do Santa Silva and the Museum of Portuguese Decorative Arts.
- Sunset cruise down the Tagus River to see Lisbon’s iconic monuments and architectural marvels.
- Relax at the Hotel Bairro Alto, one of Lisbon’s most stylish hotels.
- Add on a post-trip extension to the Douro Valley, the Azores or Spain, planned by Indagare’s expert team.
WhenSeptember 9 – 14, 2019
Length6 days / 5 nights
Type of TravelerArt Lovers , Foodies , Intellectuals , Style Mavens