St. Petersburg, or Piter as it is affectionately known to its locals, offers a wealth of history and culture. There are those grand avenues that recall Paris, the pastel-colored mansions lining the Neva like spun sugar confections; the gilded palaces in town and country, the priceless art; the ballet. Walking through St. Petersburg, it is impossible not to be awed by how the visions of great emperors and empresses have survived—and evolved—through the centuries. Today, the “window to Europe” is stronger than ever, inviting you in to discover its secrets with the people who know them best—plus, add on time to explore sister city Moscow and marvel at the treasures of the Kremlin.
The health and safety of our travelers is our number-one priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. We are in close contact with all of our partners to ensure that they are committed to the health and comfort of our travelers by practicing enhanced sanitization and disinfecting procedures, respecting social distancing guidelines, and remaining as contactless as possible. For more information and questions about specific protocols that have been put into place to make your trip as safe as possible, please reach out to our team at email@example.com.
What to Expect
- Visit the famed Hermitage Museum after it has closed to the public and go behind-the-ropes to explore its storage chambers—a treasure trove of Imperial items, from gilded carriages and Fabergé eggs to world-class works of art.
- Enjoy VIP entrance to Catherine Palace, with a behind-the-scenes tour of the Amber Work Rooms and the Agate Pavilion.
- Spend time with the curators of Pavlovsk Palace, the opulent summer palace of the tsars, before it opens to the public.
- Tour St. Petersburg’s most ornate architectural monuments and museums and view rarely- seen collections of Repin, Kandinsky and other masters with expert art and architecture guides, including your host, AD’s Howard Christian.
- Taste the best of Russian cuisine and connect with your fellow travelers over festive group meals at St. Petersburg’s hottest restaurants.
- Continue on to discover the treasures and history of mysterious Moscow, with a four-day itinerary planned by Indagare’s expert team (April 28 – May 1, 2021; custom dates upon request).
Please note that elements of the itinerary may change.
Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about recreating a version of this trip for your small group or private experience, over dates of your choosing.
WhenApril 23 - 28, 2021
Length6 days / 5 nights
Type of TravelerArt Lovers , Intellectuals , Romantics