Join Indagare and Architectural Digest to explore the sophisticated Spanish capital’s palace homes and apartments in the company of top designers and diplomats, where you will discover astounding private art collections—and more—behind closed doors.
What to Expect
The crown jewel of the Iberian plain, Madrid is a city made for the sophisticated traveler. On this special Insider Journey, go behind closed doors into the city’s finest palaces and private homes to meet with curators, diplomats, aristocrats and others for viewings of exceptional art collections and historical interiors—with stops at top museums, galleries, tapas restaurants and private clubs along the way.
- Enter Madrid’s finest private palaces and villa estates to meet with their owners—including top designers like Michael S. Smith and Lorenzo Castillo, as well as former ambassadors and aristocrats—for dinner receptions and viewings of fantastic private art collections.
- Enjoy expert-guided touring at Madrid’s best art museums, galleries and historical sites, with an emphasis on the work of the Spanish Masters as well as top contemporary artists.
- Experience a private tour of the iconic Prado museum before it opens to the public.
- Take a history- and art-focused day trip to explore the palaces and gardens of the medieval towns of Aranjuéz and Toledo.
- Meet for festive group meals at Madrid’s finest private clubs and other special venues.
- Tour one of Spain’s most beautiful cities with AD’s Decorative Arts Editor Mitchell Owens, as well as the founder and CEO of Indagare, Melissa Biggs Bradley, for an insider’s perspective.
- Find a home away from home at the AC Santo Mauro, one of Madrid’s most stylish hotels.
WhenJune 5 – 10, 2019
Length6 days / 5 nights
Type of TravelerArt Lovers , Intellectuals , Style Mavens , Foodies