The Swedish capital balances past and present with Scandinavian aplomb, its historic palaces and grand hotels co-existing with cutting-edge boutiques, restaurants and hot-spot bars. And while Stockholm looks like it is perpetually camera-ready for a magazine photo shoot, its vibe remains approachable and laid-back. On this journey with Architectural Digest, we will explore the city’s renowned design, fashion and architecture scenes, meeting with insightful locals along the way, including foodies, designers and the former Swedish consul general.
What to Expect
- Expert-led design and architecture tours of the iconic Stockholm Public Library, the Skogskyrkogården (“Woodland Cemetery”) and ArkDes (The Swedish Centre for Architecture and Design).
- Special visit to some of Stockholm’s most exciting new architecture projects, including 79&Park and Norra Tornen.
- In-depth exploration of Swedish fashion and design districts, and a tour of legendary showroom Svenskt Tenn before it opens to the public.
- Time for shopping for contemporary Swedish design, including glassware, fashion, accessories and custom wallpapers.
- A food tour in Vasastan and Östermalms Saluhall, stopping at food halls and restaurants, and learning the art of Swedish fika.
- Private dinners and receptions at the houses of Stockholm’s tastemakers, including the owners of design hotel Ett Hem.
- Accommodations at the Grand Hôtel, one of Stockholm’s most stylish properties.
- The chance to add on a post-trip extension to Copenhagen, Oslo, Helsinki, the Swedish Lapland or St. Petersburg
WhenSeptember 21 – 26, 2019
Length6 days / 5 nights
Type of TravelerArt Lovers , Style Mavens , Intellectuals