The Mont Cervin Palace Hotel (Le Petit Cervin)
Central location, luxurious alpine chalet décor
Temporarily closed Bahnhofstrasse 31 41 0 27 966 88 88 montcervinpalace.ch
Show Map What's Nearby: Hotels Restaurants Shops Sights
At a Glance
Located in the center of Zermatt’s Bahnofstrasse, the Mont Cervin offers a variety of room options, impeccable service, and Zermatt-style luxury for both families and couples.
- The 12-restaurant dine around system offered as part of the compulsory half-board, so that guests are able to experience more of Zermatt’s restaurants (be sure to book in advance)
- The separate kid’s pool, so that parents can relax après ski while their kids get rid of any excess energy
- The specially allocated Mont Cervin parking area in Tasch, so that guests who arrive to Zermatt are immediately transferred in an electric taxi to the property
Mont Cervin Palace remains Zermatt’s most luxurious hotel, run by the venerable Seiler family, occupying a prime location in the center of town for more than 150 years. The hotel has more than 160 rooms and suites that are spread between four buildings: the main Mont Cervin Palace, the Villa Margherita, Le Petit Cervin, and the 2-3 bedroom Residences. There are certain parts of the hotel that are more updated than others (for assistance deciphering the differences between the styles, please contact Indagare for specific recommendations). In the main building the first through fourth floors were renovated in 2012 towards a more contemporary style, while the fifth and sixth floors remain in the typical alpine fashion. All of the suites have fireplaces and many have terraces facing the Matterhorn as well.
An underground walkway connects the main building and Le Petit Cervin, which functions as its own hotel with a separate lobby and dedicated concierge. Le Petit Cervin offers more typical cozy Swiss chalet décor with plaid fabric-covered walls and light pine wood paneling. Guests staying here have access to all the Mont Cervin amenities, including the world-class spa, fitness center and lovely pool area. The ski room includes a tricked-out shop, luxurious changing area and helpful ski concierges that offer white-glove but unfussy service, making gear rentals and transfers a breeze. The grande game property boasts four restaurants, including the Michelin-starred Ristorante Capri, cozy Le Grill Cervin and Japanese Myoko. Suffice to stay you could easily spend a few days here enjoying the dining and atmosphere.
Who Should Stay
The hotel is ideal for those who require the highest level of service available in Zermatt, around-the-clock amenities and a lively lobby scene. Those who prefer a more boutique experience should consider the Omnia Mountain Lodge or Cervo Hotel.
Indagare Tip: Rooms book up quickly, so if you’d like to visit during peak ski season, planning is essential for hotels and restaurants. If your taste runs more to a modern aesthetic, request a room that has been recently renovated (the older-style rooms tend to seem very traditional in comparison).
Indagare Plus Amenities
- $ 100.00 Food and Beverage credit
- Bufffet in the restaurautn or continental breakfast via room service
- Upgraded Room Category on Availability at Check-In
- Late Check-Out on Availability
- Complimentary WiFi Internet Access