The entrancing meeting between East and West, Turkey is a destination that has fascinated world travelers for centuries, since the earliest days of exploration. From the opulent palaces and mansions of Istanbul to the ancient sites of Antioch and the otherworldly landscapes of Cappadocia, the country’s treasures are vast and varied. On this journey, you can witness historic and religious monuments, shop for crafts in legendary bazaars and survey breathtaking landscapes from new vantage points—including by hot air balloon and private yacht—in the company of Turkey’s brightest minds, as you follow a unique route from Urfa to Antakya and Cappadocia and conclude in Istanbul.
The health and safety of our travelers is our number-one priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. We are in close contact with all of our partners to ensure that they are committed to the health and comfort of our travelers by practicing enhanced sanitization and disinfecting procedures, respecting social distancing guidelines, and remaining as contactless as possible. For more information and questions about specific protocols that have been put into place to make your trip as safe as possible, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Expect
Highlights of this itinerary include:
- Gain exclusive access to astounding archaeological sites, including what is believed to be the world’s oldest temple—Göbeklitepe, which predates Stonehenge by 6,000 years—in Urfa, Halfeti and Antakya (formerly known as Antioch, one of the most important sites in the founding of Christianity).
- Tour with Saffet Emre Tonguç, Turkey’s foremost travel writer and historian in such destinations as the ancient underground city of Derinkuyu, Goreme Valley (known as the valley of the churches) and Istanbul.
- Enter Turkey’s most important mosques, synagogues, churches and palaces to see amazing works of art and architecture.
- Enjoy guided shopping in Turkey’s finest bazaars—including Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar and Spice Market—and search for authentic treasures and handicrafts like carpets, antiques, jewelry and ceramics.
- Go hot air ballooning over the otherworldly landscapes—including the “fairy chimneys”—of Cappadocia.
- Explore the villages along the Euphrates River on a private cruise.
- Explore Turkish cuisine with cooking classes and farm-to-table dining experiences, as well as meals at top restaurants.
- View some of the world’s best-preserved displays of mosaics—and immerse yourself in the craft with a mosaic workshop—in the company of the head of the Hatay Archaeology Department.
- Experience a traditional Turkish hammam treatment.
- Experience an exclusive concert performed by the Civilizations Choir of Antakya, which combines traditions from Christianity, Judaism and Islam to work as a bridge between faiths and cultures.
- See a Whirling Dervish performance.
Please note that elements of the itinerary may change.
Contact our team at email@example.com to inquire about recreating a version of this trip for your small group or private experience, over dates of your choosing.
Length8 days / 7 nights
Type of TravelerIntellectuals , Art Lovers , Style Mavens , Adventurers