For centuries described as the heady meeting place of East and West, Istanbul has served as the capital of three of the greatest empires in history. These days, the city is on the thrilling edge of age-old tradition and modernity. On this incredible journey, travelers can experience this duality in equal measure, guided by interior designer, world traveler and bon vivant Serena Crawford, through VIP historical and design tours with acclaimed art historians, creatives, thought-leaders and collectors, as well as private receptions in the former palaces-turned- homes of the aristocrats who live along the legendary Bosphorus Strait.
A spot on this trip may be reserved with a non-refundable 50% deposit, to be paid in full by July 15, 2023.
Plus: You can also travel with Serena this June on our Insider Journey to London & the Cotswolds. There are still a few spots left; click here to learn more and sign up.
What to Expect
For this special journey, we are thrilled to partner with Serena Crawford to bring you unmatched access to private experiences in Istanbul. Highlights of this itinerary include the opportunity to:
- Tour with one of Turkey’s foremost travel writers and historians and gain exclusive access to fascinating historical and cultural sites in the city, including museums of major impact that are off the beaten path.
- Be welcomed for private receptions, lectures and art collection viewings with Istanbul’s elite in stunning mansions along the Bosphorus Strait, and experience a challenging destination at a moment of political change through the eyes of local insiders across various disciplines—from art and fashion to business and history—as well as your host, expert world traveler Serena Crawford.
- Meet with expert guides for historical touring and see amazing works of art and architecture at top monuments like the Hagia Sophia, the Theodosius Cistern and the Topkapi Palace.
- Join fashion guides and designers for shopping in Turkey’s finest bazaars—including the Grand Bazaar, the Kadiköy Bazaar and the Spice Market—and search for authentic treasures and such handicrafts as carpets, antiques, jewelry and ceramics. Plus: Enjoy private visits to Istanbul’s cutting-edge ateliers and boutiques.
- Dive into Turkish culture through immersive experiences like sailing along the Bosphorus in private yachts, seeing live music and traditional dance performances, trying a hammam treatment and more.
- Find a home away from home at the St. Regis, one of Istanbul’s most stylish hotels.
- Worry less, experience more: Indagare’s expert Insider Journeys team will help you navigate a safe and rewarding travel experience. Plus: Indagare can arrange tailor-made trip extensions paired to this itinerary, including further exploration in Turkey and beyond, if you are an Indagare member (at additional cost).
Please note that elements of the itinerary may change.
The health and safety of our travelers is our No. 1 priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. For any questions, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WhenOctober 15 - 20, 2023
Length6 days / 5 nights
Type of TravelerArt Lovers , Intellectuals , Style Mavens