After spending centuries shrouded behind a veil of mystery, Saudi Arabia has revealed itself to be a destination eager to welcome visitors. What awaits within the kingdom’s sun-drenched deserts, glimmering oases and busy urban centers defies all expectations. In just one day, explorers can gaze upon ancient tombs that stand unmarred by crowds, offering a portal into another era; they can dine among expats and expensively draped princesses, upon plates by a Michelin-starred chef—then join a passing group of Bedouin for coffee; and they can walk in the footsteps of Moses and Muhammad, along trails that will soon become the streets of clean-energy cities, now calling the world’s best and brightest to build our future. Saudi Arabia at this moment presents the ultimate traveler’s secret and a trailblazer’s fantasy—the chance to go back in time to a world where places remain undiscovered, and to look forward at realities being born from dreams. Will you see it for yourself ?
The health and safety of our travelers is our No. 1 priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. For any questions, please reach out to our team at email@example.com.
What to Expect
Itinerary highlights include:
- Be among the first foreign travelers to explore Saudi Arabia—on one of the very first Indagare Insider Journeys to Saudi Arabia—at a moment when the nation is poised on the precipice of transformation. In the company of expert host and Indagare founder Melissa Biggs Bradley, you will be introduced to the visionaries, creatives and philanthropists who are establishing a new destination for adventurers and intellectuals, while celebrating the deep traditions, wild landscapes and historic sites that make Saudi Arabia such a time-bending, complex place.
- Begin in seaside Jeddah, a vibrant port city lauded for its multicultural atmosphere and exquisite, well-preserved architecture and contemporary art.
- Spend three nights in AlUla, Saudi’s undisputed—and rapidly growing—culture hub, with accommodations at the desert-chic tented camp Habitas. In addition to sampling the crafts and internationally competitive cuisine of the charming Old Town, you will also get to tour some of Middle East’s most impressive archaeological sites, which rival Petra, the Parthenon or Machu Picchu—but have none of the crowds.
- Visit Saudi Arabia’s capital, Riyadh, and get a behind-the-scenes preview of the tourism development boom that is underway in the city—and beyond—as part of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman’s Vision 2030, an ambitious plan to transition the kingdom into a top travel destination.
- Meet with local insiders for a deeper, cross-cultural perspective, with a special focus on the stories of women who are shaping the future of Saudi Arabia.
- Immerse yourself in Saudi’s Bedouin heritage with such activities as a camel trek and festive group meals.
- Worry less, experience more: Indagare’s expert Insider Journeys team will help you navigate a safe and rewarding travel experience—and help plan custom trip extensions within the Middle East. Plus: You’ll have complimentary 24/7 access to the emergency medical, security and evacuation services of Global Rescue, while on the ground.
While the country is quickly modernizing and moving towards relaxing some of its most conservative rules as it opens up to Western travelers, Saudi Arabia is still a kingdom governed by Islamic law, and certain cultural norms and policies may conflict with Western perspectives. These are a few key points to consider before deciding to travel.
Plus: Click here to read Melissa’s recent article about travel to Saudi Arabia in our Spring/Summer 2022 Magazine!
WhenSeptember 29 – October 6, 2022
Length8 days / 7 nights
Type of TravelerIntellectuals , Trailblazers , Adventurers