Once the crossroads of the caravan routes that linked Wadi Rum with Gaza, Egypt and the Mediterranean, Jordan is home to a number of the world’s most extraordinary ancient and natural sites, including the “Lost City” of Petra, the hallowed banks of the River Jordan, the vast desert of the Valley of the Moon and the healing Dead Sea. The country’s unique combination of outdoor adventure, culture and history—as well as the warm and welcoming locals—make it a destination like no other. Next spring, join Indagare’s Destinations Director John Cantrell for an unforgettable adventure and discover the secrets of this astounding place.
A spot on this trip may be reserved with a non-refundable deposit of 50% of the total trip cost. Final payment is due on November 1, 2022 and is non-refundable.
What to Expect
Hear more about this destination from our founder Melissa Biggs Bradley below:
Itinerary highlights include:
- Visit the astounding site of Petra, which ranks with the Pyramids, Angkor Wat and Machu Picchu as one of the most memorable monuments in the world.
- Explore Mount Nebo—one of the most revered holy sites in Jordan and the place where Moses was buried—with Dr. Amer Al Hafi, professor of comparative religions at Al al- Bayt University and the Academic Advisor to the Royal Institute for Inter-Faith Studies. Then, tour Bethany—the sacred site of Jesus’ baptism—with Rustom Mkhjian, the director of the Baptism Site Commission.
- Witness the breathtaking Wadi Rum desert with a vintage jeep driving adventure with local Bedouins—then indulge in a traditional picnic in the Moon Valley. You’ll also have the chance to take in the site at night, with an al fresco dinner under the stars and stargazing with an astronomer.
- Enjoy a private desert dinner by candlelight at Little Petra, a smaller but equally enchanting archaeological site protected by UNESCO.
- Float in the healing waters of the Dead Sea, with access from a private beach, and opt for a relaxing spa treatment.
- Experience this thrilling destination while enjoying luxury accommodations, including the Four Seasons Amman, Mövenpick Petra and the Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea.
- Worry less, experience more: Indagare’s expert team will handle all the details so that you can have a safe and rewarding travel experience—and help plan custom trip extensions within the Middle East or beyond.
Please note that elements of the itinerary may change.
The health and safety of our travelers is our No. 1 priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. For any questions, please reach out to our team at email@example.com.
Read about Indagare Member Jolie Goodson and her husband’s lifelong dream of traveling to Jordan and Egypt, and what made the trip so spectacular, here.
WhenApril 24 - 30, 2023
Length7 days / 6 nights
Type of TravelerIntellectuals , Adventurers , Trailblazers