Still considered somewhat of a traveler’s secret, Jordan is home to a number of the world’s most extraordinary ancient and natural sites, including the “Lost City” of Petra, the Roman ruins of Jerash, the desert of Wadi Rum and the Dead Sea. Thanks to its unique combination of outdoor adventure and historical value, as well as the fact that the country has enjoyed relative peace and stability compared to its neighbors, Jordan makes for the perfect getaway for families, couples and solo travelers alike.
What to Expect
This packaged itinerary combines the best of Indagare’s destination expertise and insider intel. It includes set dates, hotels and activities—so you don’t have to worry about planning—but allows for flexibility, customization and free time to explore on your own. Itinerary highlights include:
- See the royal stables and most important archaeological museums in Amman.
- Explore the ancient city of Jerash, which was hidden for centuries in sand before being excavated and restored over the past 70 years.
- Explore Mount Nebo, one of the most revered holy sites of Jordan and the place where Moses was buried.
- Visit the astounding site of Petra, which ranks with the Pyramids, Angkor Wat and Machu Picchu as one of the most memorable monuments in the world.
- Witness the stunning Wadi Rum desert, which is made even more remarkable at night, with a glamping excursion, followed by a candlelit dinner served in a Bedouin tent.
- Float in the waters of the Dead Sea and opt for a mineral treatment.
- Experience a thrilling destination in comfort and safety with an Indagare host to handle all logistics and accommodations at the lovely St. Regis Amman, Mövenpick Petra, Bedu Discovery Camp in Wadi Rum and the Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea—plus prearranged flights and car transfers throughout the country.
WhenSeptember 14 - 19, 2020
Length6 days / 5 nights
Type of TravelerAdventurers , Soul Searchers , Intellectuals