Join the ultimate spring wellness retreat with WSJ. Magazine and Indagare at Blackberry Farm, an award-winning luxury resort nestled at the base of Tennessee’s Great Smoky Mountains. The itinerary will focus on immersion in nature and the latest trends and age-old traditions in health, fitness, mindfulness and beauty—as well as the Farm’s world-class culinary program. A balance of scheduled activities and leisure time will offer opportunities to pursue individual exploration, growth and relaxation, as well as meaningful connections and discussions with fellow travelers, local experts, special guests and WSJ. contributors. With the support of the Indagare team, this Insider Journey welcomes travelers to recharge and discover inspiration at one of the finest farmstead escapes in the United States.
What to Expect
This trip has been crafted specially for wellness, mindfulness and culinary interests by WSJ. Magazine editors, Indagare’s expert travel planners and the team at Blackberry Farm. Journey participants will have the chance to:
- Experience a three-night weekend escape to the award-winning Blackberry Farm retreat—a haven for relaxation, fine dining, connection and immersion amid the beauty of the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains. Read the full Indagare review here.
- Attend wellness lectures produced by WSJ. Magazine that focus on plant-based medicine, skin care as self-care, sleep health and finding balance, among other topics.
- Meet inspiring owner Mary Celeste Beall, whose family envisioned and created Blackberry Farm, and who will give you a behind-the-scenes tour of this special property.
- Immerse yourself in Blackberry Farm’s world-class culinary program, with dinners based on seasonal and foraged ingredients, as well as activities like an artisanal cooking demo and a farmstead tasting tour, specially hosted by renowned, Nashville-based chef Sean Brock. (You may recognize him from the sixth season of Netflix’s Chef’s Table.)
- Chart your own wellness journey and choose from among a selection of fitness, spa, beauty and health electives—from guided endurance hiking and forest runs to personal training sessions, restorative yoga, guided meditations, nutrition consultations, nature-based massages and skin treatments and much more.
- Spend an evening with model and singer Karen Elson, who will share her life journey over cocktails and dinner and end the evening with an intimate performance at the campfire.
Supplement your experience with additional outdoor electives, including horseback riding, fly fishing, bird watching, cycling, kayaking, archery and more.
- Worry less, experience more: Indagare’s expert Insider Journeys team will help you navigate a safe, responsible and rewarding travel experience—and help plan custom trip extensions within the American South and beyond. Plus: You’ll be guided through the new travel landscape by our most trusted local partners, and you’ll have complimentary 24/7 access to the emergency medical, security and evacuation services of Global Rescue, while on the ground.
ABOUT BLACKBERRY FARM
For hikers, foodies and design lovers, the Great Smoky Mountains of eastern Tennessee contain two must-visit sister properties: Blackberry Farm and Blackberry Mountain. Perhaps best enjoyed together—but still amazing on their own—the two hotels encompass nearly 10,000 acres for hiking, biking and horseback riding—as well as other activities like wheel-thrown pottery, archery, yoga, fly fishing and whiskey tasting. While the location is decidedly country, the décor and atmosphere are decidedly not: At the Mountain, the jewel-toned, Art-Deco cocktail bar is the place to end the day; at the Farm, a highlight is meeting the resident truffle-hunting Lagotto Romagnolo dogs. The range of freestanding accommodations is ideal for privacy, as well as groups—and after a few meals at the acclaimed restaurants, you’ll have to resist the urge to move in permanently. Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about adding on your own private pre- or post-retreat extension at Blackberry Mountain.
We have been closely monitoring global developments regarding the coronavirus (Covid-19) and will adjust the itinerary as necessary, as the health and safety of our guests is our top priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. We are in close contact with all of our partners to ensure that they are committed to the health and comfort of our travelers by practicing enhanced sanitization and disinfecting procedures, respecting social distancing guidelines, and remaining as low-contact as possible. For more information and questions about specific protocols that have been put into place to make your trip as safe as possible, please reach out to our team at email@example.com.
WhenMarch 31 - April 3, 2022
Length4 days / 3 nights
Type of TravelerUltimate Indulgers , Soul Searchers , Foodies