The Wall Street Journal Special Offers: Exclusive Packages Back to The Wall Street Journal Special Offers
Malibu Beach Inn, California
With the Wall Street Journal | 3 Nights, From $1,845
Indagare and The Wall Street Journal have partnered again to bring you exclusive access to a curation of our favorite luxury properties across the United States—with the chance to escape and recharge amid charming, warm-weather settings, and special amenities, preferable rates, flexible cancellation policies and the high-touch, personalized service of our expert team—so that you can get back on the road with greater confidence.
With direct access to one of the best beaches in Los Angeles—Carbon Beach—the recently refreshed Malibu Beach Inn is all about the location.
Rate: from $615 per stay, per night, based on double-occupancy accommodations for a minimum of three nights, excluding taxes and gratuity. Room rates are subject to change based on your travel dates, availability and room category choice.
This exclusive offer expires on March 31, 2021 and is valid for travel from January 1, 2021 through May 27, 2021 and September 6, 2021 through December 30, 2021.
This Special Offer Includes:
- Accommodations at Malibu Beach Inn, Los Angeles (room categories subject to availability)
- Room category upgrade at time of check-in (subject to availability)
- $100 hotel credit per stay, which can be used towards dining and other amenities
- $80 daily breakfast credit, per stay, to be used at the Carbon Beach Club or for in-room dining
- $150 dinner credit, per stay
- Late check-out, subject to availability
- We are happy to offer free cancellation up to 48 hours prior to arrival.
WSJ x Indagare Exclusive Benefits:
- Crafted with your needs—and your safety—in mind, this offer includes the services of Indagare’s expert trip-planning team, both while preparing for your departure and during your trip. You will have personal access to Indagare’s specialists for booking and travel advice, as well as assistance in arranging private transfers, flights, premium activities, and pre- and post-trip extensions for this trip.
- You may also have access to preferable private charter rates and additional amenities (subject to availability), when flights are booked in combination with this package.
- WSJ Members who book this package will receive a complimentary one-year Indagare Tier 3 Membership ($395 value), including access to a library of online content (live virtual travel experiences, hundreds of curated hotel and restaurant reviews and weekly travel intel and inspiration) as well as exclusive travel perks and more.
- WSJ+ Members who book this package will receive a complimentary one-year Indagare Tier 2 Membership ($825 value), including unlimited hotel recommendations and reservations, customized itinerary planning, access to flights specialists, exclusive invites, access to a library of online content (live virtual travel experiences, hundreds of curated hotel and restaurant reviews and weekly travel intel and inspiration) and VIP travel perks.
- WSJ+ Members who book this package will also receive a local welcome amenity upon arrival: French macarons and wine.
About This Property:
David Geffen spent two years and more than $10 million dollars modernizing the three-story Malibu Beach Inn, which commands a prime spot on the beach just south of the Malibu pier. Art from Geffen’s own collection hangs on walls throughout, so you can sip margaritas in your flip-flops with an endless summer outlook of the Pacific to the west and a wall of David Hockney’s views of L.A. to the east.
What the 47 rooms lack in space (they range from 400 to 600-square-feet), they make up for in location, as every room has a beachfront balcony. After a renovation in early 2017, the rooms evoke a charming beach house with a palate of soft greys, blues and white complimented by teak wooden accents. Pops of color, in statement artwork and heavy coffee table books (like Slim Aarons’ appropriate “Poolside”), add a touch of quirkiness to the relaxed ambiance. Many of the rooms have fireplaces and sound-proof doors to keep the noise of the highway out so you can leave your terrace door open and hear the sound of the crashing waves.
Here, you are an instant member of Malibu’s only beach club. After all, this is where celebrities like Pamela Anderson, Matthew McConnaughey, Cindy Crawford, Adam Sandler and Mel Gibson relax by the sea. Carbon Beach (a.k.a. Billionaire’s Beach) is technically not a private beach (though moguls, including Geffen, did wage a local battle to try to make it so). There are hard-to-find public access points from the highway, but most days homeowners and hotel guests seem to have it to themselves. And the beach is the star attraction. The inn has no pool, no gym, not even bathtubs in the guest rooms. Whether you are in the lobby bar or the privacy of your room, you won’t be able to take your eyes off of the surf just steps away. The concierge will set you up with a chaise on the sand (where your laptop may still tap into the hotel’s WiFi), arrange surfing lessons and book you a table at the hotel’s own restaurant (inside or out on the terrace) or at beachfront restaurant Geoffrey’s, where being a friend of Mr. Geffen’s gets you preferential seating. Plus: don’t miss the Carbon Beach Club restaurant, which has with a deck overlooking the ocean and wonderful views of Malibu Pier.
Click here to read the full Indagare review.
Terms & Conditions:
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours prior to the arrival
- This offer applies to new bookings only
- This offer cannot be combined with other offers or promotions
- This offer is subject to availability and blackout dates may apply, including: 1/1, 1/2, 1/15, 1/16, 1/17, 2/12, 2/13, 2/14, 5/28 – 9/5, 11/25 – 11/27 and 12/24 – 12/26 (2021)
- Offer is valid until March 31, 2021
- Offer is valid for travel from January 1, 2021 through May 27, 2021 and September 6, 2021 through December 30, 2021
The health and safety of our guests is our number-one priority. WSJ and Indagare are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and seamless travel experiences. We are in close contact with our partners to ensure that they are committed to the health and comfort of our travelers by practicing enhanced sanitization and disinfecting procedures, respecting social distancing guidelines, and remaining as contactless as possible. For more information and questions about specific protocols that have been put into place at this property to make your stay as safe as possible, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.