Exclusive, tranquil, family friendly
900 Meadowood Lane St. Helena 707-531-4788 www.meadowood.com
Show Map What's Nearby: Hotels Restaurants Shops Sights
At a Glance
This sprawling estate in the Napa Hills, with its low-key aristocratic charm, offers several outdoorsy activities.
- Opportunities on property to play croquet, golf and tennis, as well as swim or hike
- Low key, country estate décor, with white clapboard cottages
- The Restaurant at Meadowood, a destination in itself
- The beautiful newly remodeled spa, which offers amazing treatments
This privately owned property reminds me of a New England summer enclave. Its white clapboard cottages are sprinkled over a 250-acre private estate with hiking trails winding past tennis courts, croquet lawns and a nine-hole golf course. Founded originally as a private club in the 1960s, the property maintains a genteel, all-American atmosphere, and it does still operate as a club for local members.
The eighty-five guest rooms spread throughout the property range from cozy studios to family lodges (with two, three or four bedrooms), which have large living rooms, decks and lawns. Each feels like a unique country guesthouse, with homey touches like cushioned window seats, stone fireplaces, wicker porch furniture and well-chosen coffee-table books and novels. There’s a large spa and incredible sports facilities, including a summer kids’ camp. Meadowood traditions: wine tours (escorted and self-guided) and fabulous picnics. It’s also the home of the acclaimed Restaurant at Meadowood, which has three Michelin stars.
Who Should Stay
Couples, families and friends who enjoy a casually upscale resort, as well as numerous outdoor sport and activities. Foodies would come for the restaurant alone.
- Melissa Biggs Bradley
Indagare Plus Amenities
- Full breakfast for 2 included ($50 value)
- Upgrade Room Category subject to availability
- Late check-out subject to availability
- Spa credit in the amount of $100 USD
- Complimentary chocolate plate
- Complimentary wifi access
- Daily Newspaper
*If these amenities do not display in search, please contact our bookings team who will guarantee them