Journey to a paradise hidden within the lush jungles of Mexico’s Yucatán Peninsula—the Chablé Yucatán resort—for a transformative wellness retreat hosted by award-winning author and travel writer Mary Morris. Mary will lead you on a discovery of your inner world—with the chance to reflect on past travels—during three guided journaling workshops; plus, there will be plenty of time to relax and rejuvenate while enjoying Chablé’s signature spa, meditation and culinary programs. Amidst this tropical oasis, you’ll find fresh beginnings and renewed creativity to welcome the new year in an inspired state of mind.
Plus: When you sign up for this special trip, you’ll automatically be enrolled on a complimentary basis in a four-part virtual live lecture series hosted by Mary—the latest Indagare Clubs offering. The Book Club: The Writer and the Wanderer discusses what makes travel such a great vehicle for storytelling, and will focus on the art of the memoir and exploration of the inner journeys that occur on the road. Click here to learn more. (And if you’re still deciding on the trip, you can get to know Mary before joining! Sign up for the Book Club in time for the first session and get a taste of her expertise—and a sneak peek at the itinerary highlights. If you later join the Insider Journey, we’ll apply your Club attendance towards the trip cost.)
The health and safety of our travelers is our No. 1 priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. For any questions, please reach out to our team at email@example.com.
What to Expect
Itinerary highlights include:
- Over five days at Chablé Yucatán, work towards inner peace, reflection and creativity through three journaling workshops guided by author and travel writer Mary Morris. Sessions will focus on the art of storytelling—and how you can use it to illuminate your own personal journey. Note: No previous creative writing experience is required.
- Reset and re-energize with Chablé Yucatán’s spa and wellness treatments and specialty programming, including such experiences as: morning yoga in the cenote, walking meditation, chakra treatments, astrology consultations and detoxifying massages, all of which are rooted in ancient techniques.
- Experience the culture and traditions of the Yucatán with a Temazcal Ceremony, an ancient ritual designed to purify the body, mind and spirit.
- Enjoy a private cooking class in Chablé’s state-of-the-art Ixi’im kitchen, where you will prepare a three-course menu designed by the acclaimed Chef Jorge Vallejo—owner of Quintonil in Mexico City, which has been named to the World’s 50 Best Restaurant List for several years running.
- Connect with fellow travelers who share your interests and passions over wellness activities and delicious, farm-to-table group meals. When you sign up for this special trip, you’ll automatically be enrolled on a complimentary basis ($650 value) in a four-part virtual live lecture series hosted by Morris, which will take place in advance of the trip. The Indagare Book Club: The Writer and the Wanderer will discuss what makes travel such a great vehicle for storytelling, and will focus on memoirs and inner journeys that occur on the road.
- Worry less, experience more: Indagare’s expert Insider Journeys team will help you navigate a safe and responsible travel experience—and plan custom trip extensions. Plus: you’ll have complimentary 24/7 access to the emergency medical, security and evacuation services of Global Rescue, while on the ground.
Plus: Click here to listen to Indagare’s Global Conversation with Mary Morris, author and travel writer!
WhenFebruary 11 - 15, 2023
Length5 days / 4 nights
Type of TravelerSoul Searchers , Intellectuals , Foodies