Journey to a paradise hidden within the lush jungles of Mexico’s Yucatán Peninsula—the Chablé Yucatán resort—for a transformative wellness retreat hosted by award-winning author and travel writer Mary Morris. Mary will lead you on a discovery of your inner world—with the chance to reflect on past travels—during three guided journaling workshops; plus, there will be plenty of time to relax and rejuvenate while enjoying Chablé’s signature spa, meditation and culinary programs. You will have the opportunity to explore the colorful metropolis of Mérida, the capital of the Mexican state of Yucatán, on a guided day trip covering the city’s architectural highlights, local markets and boutiques. Amidst this tropical oasis, you’ll find fresh beginnings and renewed creativity to re-energize your state of mind.
A spot on this trip may be reserved with a 50% non-refundable deposit, with the balance to be paid in full by July 15, 2023.
Plus: Click here to listen to Indagare’s Global Conversation with Mary Morris, author and travel writer.
What to Expect
Itinerary highlights include:
- Over five days at Chablé Yucatán, work towards inner peace, reflection and creativity through three journaling workshops guided by author and travel writer Mary Morris. Sessions will focus on the art of storytelling—and how you can use it to illuminate your own personal journey. Note: No previous creative writing experience is required.
- Reset and re-energize with Chablé Yucatán’s spa and wellness treatments and specialty programming, including such experiences as: morning yoga in the cenote, walking meditation, chakra treatments, astrology consultations and detoxifying massages, all of which are rooted in ancient techniques.
- Embark on a day trip to the nearby capital city of Mérida, a colorful metropolis famous for its colonial-style architecture and rich Maya heritage. Your expert guide will take you through the city’s architectural highlights, vibrant markets and charming boutiques showcasing local crafts.
- Experience the culture and traditions of the Yucatán with a Maya Blessing Ceremony, an ancient ritual performed by Maya elders that is tailored to each participants’ needs, hopes and wishes.
- Connect with fellow travelers who share your interests and passions over wellness activities and delicious, farm-to-table group meals.
- Extend your trip by one night to discover the wonders of Chichén Itzá and Valladolid on a full-day excursion with expert guides. A Maya archaeological site, Chichén Itzá was recognized as one of the New Seven Wonders of the World in 2007. With your guide, you will explore the most interesting and important aspects of the site, including the famed Castillo Pyramid. You will then visit Valladolid, the former capital of the state of Yucatán, which offers a glimpse into Mexico’s rich colonial and pre-Columbian culture.
The health and safety of our travelers is our No. 1 priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. For any questions, please reach out to our team at email@example.com.
WhenOctober 3 - 7, 2023
Length5 days / 4 nights
Type of TravelerSoul Searchers , Intellectuals , Ultimate Indulgers