EXPLORING MEXICO CITY AND SAN MIGUEL DE ALLENDE WITH AD EDITOR-IN-CHIEF AMY ASTLEY
Mexico’s colorful metropolis has shot to the top of every design lover’s list, with one of the highest concentrations of museums and galleries in the world, an innovative food scene that rivals that of Copenhagen, and a profusion of high-design shops and hotels. Just a few hours’ drive away, the colonial town of San Miguel de Allende provides the perfect contrast to Mexico City’s action, with its charming UNESCO-protected architecture and artisan studios. You can experience the best of both places with behind-the-scenes access to top sites and exclusive invitations into private homes on this once-in-a-lifetime trip, hosted by the editor-in-chief of AD and the founder of Indagare.
A spot on this trip may be secured with a non-refundable deposit of $4,500, per person, with the remaining balance to be paid in full by January 5, 2020.
What to Expect
- Enjoy curator- and artist-led visits of top contemporary art galleries, museums and studios in Mexico City, with opportunities for guided shopping in design neighborhoods like Polanco.
- Gain after-hours access to the National Anthropology Museum, a staggering collection of precolonial artifacts and a significant cultural center.
- Explore the most interesting and iconic homes designed by Pritzker Prize-winning architect Luis Barragán, including viewings of spaces that are closed to the public with an expert guide.
- Dive into the world of Mexico’s most talented artist couple, Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo, with private tours of their former homes and studios.
- Meet Mexico City’s top designers and insiders through private apartment and studio visits and meals at top tables like Contramar.
- Discover the beauty of one of Mexico’s most charming colonial towns, San Miguel de Allende, through guided history and gallery tours, a cooking class and a reception at a dazzling private home featured in the pages of AD.
- Enjoy three nights’ accommodations at the buzzy Four Seasons Mexico City and two nights’ accommodations at the beautiful Rosewood San Miguel de Allende, two of the region’s most luxurious hotels.
- Explore two of Mexico’s top design centers with AD editor-in-chief Amy Astley and Indagare founder Melissa Biggs Bradley, as well as top curators, designers, city insiders and more.
WhenMarch 30 - April 4, 2020
Length6 days / 5 nights
Type of TravelerArt Lovers , Foodies , Style Mavens