The Wall Street Journal Special Offers: Exclusive Packages Back to The Wall Street Journal Special Offers
Mayflower Inn & Spa, Connecticut
With the Wall Street Journal | 1 Night, From $595
Indagare and The Wall Street Journal have partnered again to bring you exclusive access to a curation of our favorite luxury properties across the United States—with the chance to escape and recharge amid tranquil and idyllic settings, and special amenities, preferable rates, flexible cancellation policies and the high-touch, personalized service of our expert team—so that you can get back on the road with greater confidence.
Located in Litchfield County, Connecticut (just a two-hour drive from New York City), this classic hotel celebrates the surrounding landscape and New England heritage while encouraging its guests to truly relax. Amenities include indoor and outdoor pools, tennis court and hiking trails. Guests can also enjoy the property’s 58 acres of landscaped gardens or 20,000 square foot spa.
Rate: from $595 per person, per night (double-occupancy accommodations), excluding taxes and gratuity. Please note that there is a two-night minimum stay required over weekends. Room rates are subject to change based on your travel dates, availability and room category choice.
This exclusive offer expires on October 31, 2020.
This Special Offer Includes:
- Accommodations at the Mayflower Inn & Spa
- Breakfast daily for up to two guests
- Room category upgrade(s), subject to availability upon day of arrival
- One private indoor or outdoor fitness class for two
- One private mixology class for two
- We are happy to offer the following cancellation policy: Required refundable deposit of one night’s stay including room, tax, and resort fee is due at the time of reservation, with free cancellation up to 48 hours prior to arrival.
WSJ x Indagare Exclusive Benefits:
- Crafted with your needs—and your safety—in mind, this offer includes the services of Indagare’s expert trip-planning team, both while preparing for your departure and during your trip. You will have personal access to Indagare’s specialists for booking and travel advice, as well as assistance in arranging private transfers, flights, premium activities, and pre- and post-trip extensions for this trip.
- You may also have access to preferable private charter rates and additional amenities (subject to availability), when flights are booked in combination with this package.
- WSJ Members who book this package will receive a complimentary one-year Indagare Tier 3 Membership ($395 value), including access to a library of online content (live virtual travel experiences, hundreds of curated hotel and restaurant reviews and weekly travel intel and inspiration) as well as exclusive travel perks and more.
- WSJ+ Members who book this package will receive a complimentary one-year Indagare Tier 2 Membership ($825 value), including unlimited hotel recommendations and reservations, customized itinerary planning, access to flights specialists, exclusive invites, access to a library of online content (live virtual travel experiences, hundreds of curated hotel and restaurant reviews and weekly travel intel and inspiration) and VIP travel perks.
- WSJ+ Members will also receive a local cheese plate upon arrival.
About This Property:
Now managed by the Auberge Resorts Collection, the Mayflower Inn & Spa’s 30 rooms and suites are spacious and luxurious, with over-the-top furnishings and amenities; many beds are antique four-posters draped in silk, and sit in front of fireplaces surrounded by stocked bookshelves, and bathrooms have double marble sinks, enormous soaking tubs and steam showers. The importance of sleep is emphasized here, with fluffy bathrobes, lavender scented aromatic oils on bedside tables and lavender-filled sachets on the pillows (the types of which can be chosen by the guest from an extensive pillow menu). Plus—there’s the blissful silence of the property and the exhaustion that comes from spending the day walking, breathing fresh air and having at least one spa treatment. The 20,000-square-foot spa shares the 58-acre grounds, but is set a short walk from the inn and feels nicely separated. From the outside, it has the same aesthetic, but the inside is a revelation. The heart of the place is the Garden Room, with an entire wall of 14-foot high windows overlooking pine trees and Blue Heron Pond. Everywhere there is beauty and balance. The walls are painted the palest eggshell blue, with plush white armchairs, chenille blankets, shimmering mercury glass and exquisite art, most notably a giant De Kooning on the wall. Equally lovely are the sunny yoga and Pilates studio, the eight treatment rooms, two steam rooms, the hammam-like “thermal sanctuary” and the heated indoor pool, which is surrounded by paned windows.
In summer months, the property’s highlights are the serene pool (with food and beverage service available), tennis court and putting green. The restaurant, a vision in grays and creams, is the kind of place you could imagine spending hours at a time, watching the light change color and gazing into the adjacent Shakespeare garden, filled with plants and flowers mentioned and discussed by the Bard. This is the kind of place that manages to successfully marry charm and a relaxed nature with efficiency. While children over 12 are allowed, this is the kind of place you want to visit with your partner or a good friend, and let yourself sink in. It will be hard to leave, but you can think about that another day.
Terms & Conditions:
- Please note that there is a two-night minimum stay required over weekends.
- Required deposit of one night’s stay including room, tax, and resort fee is due at the time of reservation. 100% of stay is charged within 48 hours of cancellation.
- This offer applies to new bookings only
- This offer cannot be combined with other offers or promotions
- This offer is subject to availability and blackout dates may apply
- Offer is valid until October 31, 2020
The health and safety of our guests is our number-one priority. WSJ and Indagare are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and seamless travel experiences. We are in close contact with our partners to ensure that they are committed to the health and comfort of our travelers by practicing enhanced sanitization and disinfecting procedures, respecting social distancing guidelines, and remaining as contactless as possible. For more information and questions about specific protocols that have been put into place at this property to make your stay as safe as possible, please reach out to our team at email@example.com.