The Wall Street Journal Special Offers: Exclusive Packages Back to The Wall Street Journal Special Offers
The Vanderbilt Newport, Rhode Island
With the Wall Street Journal | 2 Nights, From $840
Indagare and The Wall Street Journal have partnered again to bring you exclusive access to a curation of our favorite luxury properties across the United States—with the chance to escape and recharge amid charming settings, and special amenities, preferable rates, flexible cancellation policies and the high-touch, personalized service of our expert team—so that you can get back on the road with greater confidence.
Set on a pretty side street just off the main thoroughfare Thames Street, The Vanderbilt, Auberge Resorts Collection is a lovely in-town boutique property for Newport visitors, which was originally built by the Vanderbilt family as a grand residence and has since been tastefully upgraded.
Rate: from $420 per stay, per night, based on double-occupancy accommodations for a minimum of two nights, excluding taxes and gratuity. Room rates are subject to change based on your travel dates, availability and room category choice.
This exclusive offer expires on December 31, 2021.
This Special Offer Includes:
- Accommodations at The Vanderbilt Newport, Rhode Island (room categories subject to availability)
- Room category upgrade at time of booking (subject to availability)
- $100 daily resort credit per stay, which can be used towards dining, spa or other activities. On Monday through Thursday, the daily credit is $200, per stay.
- Daily breakfast for two guests
- We are happy to offer free cancellation up to 48 hours prior to arrival.
WSJ x Indagare Exclusive Benefits:
- Crafted with your needs—and your safety—in mind, this offer includes the services of Indagare’s expert trip-planning team, both while preparing for your departure and during your trip. You will have personal access to Indagare’s specialists for booking and travel advice, as well as assistance in arranging private transfers, flights, premium activities, and pre- and post-trip extensions for this trip.
- You may also have access to preferable private charter rates and additional amenities (subject to availability), when flights are booked in combination with this package.
- WSJ Members who book this package will receive a complimentary one-year Indagare Tier 3 Membership ($395 value), including access to a library of online content (live virtual travel experiences, hundreds of curated hotel and restaurant reviews and weekly travel intel and inspiration) as well as exclusive travel perks and more.
- WSJ+ Members who book this package will receive a complimentary one-year Indagare Tier 2 Membership ($825 value), including unlimited hotel recommendations and reservations, customized itinerary planning, access to flights specialists, exclusive invites, access to a library of online content (live virtual travel experiences, hundreds of curated hotel and restaurant reviews and weekly travel intel and inspiration) and VIP travel perks.
- WSJ+ Members who book this package will also receive a local welcome amenity upon arrival: homemade whoopie pies with still and sparkling water bottles
About This Property:
Set on a pretty side street just off the main thoroughfare Thames Street, The Vanderbilt, Auberge Resorts Collection (formerly the Grace Vanderbilt) is a lovely in-town boutique property for Newport visitors. The mansion was built in 1909 by Alfred Vanderbilt for his mistress, and the building has such period Beaux Arts architectural details as massive fireplaces and double grand staircases in the front hall. Today, visitors are greeted in a lobby area with comfy couches and bookshelves that create the feeling that you have wandered into someone’s cozy den. On the main floor are a billiards room with lacquered red walls and two restaurants, one casual where diners can eat in a conservatory or at tables in an outdoor garden; and the other is a gourmet option, Muse, where the award-winning chef serves up New England classics with modern flair.
The 33 guest rooms vary in size and configuration. Two on the main floor have fireplaces while some in the new wing are lofts with bedrooms up a flight of stairs from the seating area. Some rooms are well suited to families with separate living areas with pull-out couches, and there is the possibility to connect suites to create a multi-bedroom family space. While fine antiques are sprinkled throughout the public spaces, the furnishings in the guest rooms are new and contemporary so there is no fussy bed-and-breakfast décor despite the building’s provenance. All of the rooms have been tastefully updated with modern amenities and personal touches, like shelves full of novels.
The basement contains a spa and fitness center as well as a lovely, large indoor pool. In warmer weather, the outdoor pool is open and guests can sit out in a large, courtyard garden. For the best views in town, there is a roof deck on the top floor with a bar. Movies are also sometimes shown on a giant flat screen outdoors.
For people who want to be in walking distance of all of Newport’s charming shops and restaurants but in a serene retreat, this is a perfect spot.
Click here to read the full Indagare review.
Terms & Conditions:
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours prior to the arrival
- This offer applies to new bookings only
- This offer cannot be combined with other offers or promotions
- This offer is subject to availability and blackout dates may apply
- Offer is valid until December 31, 2021
The health and safety of our guests is our number-one priority. WSJ and Indagare are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and seamless travel experiences. We are in close contact with our partners to ensure that they are committed to the health and comfort of our travelers by practicing enhanced sanitization and disinfecting procedures, respecting social distancing guidelines, and remaining as contactless as possible. For more information and questions about specific protocols that have been put into place at this property to make your stay as safe as possible, please reach out to our team at email@example.com.