The massive Hudson Valley region, stretching from northern Westchester County and spanning both sides of the majestic Hudson River, is a wonderful, complex destination for outdoor enthusiasts and lovers of art, Americana, history and food, as well as spiritualists and wellness seekers. It’s the ideal spot for a cycling adventure that offers more than just physical activity—and with this curated itinerary, crafted in partnership with DuVine Cycling + Adventure Co., you can discover hidden trails suited for scenic rides, reflection in nature and athletic challenge, while enjoying the culture that this area has to offer. In the evenings, return to the Indagare-adored property Troutbeck for relaxation and a taste of upstate New York’s acclaimed food scene.
Plus—check out our new cycling itinerary with DuVine in Aspen!
What to Expect
On this special cycling journey, travelers will be able to go off the beaten track to explore the Hudson Valley’s verdant terrain and pastoral towns, just as the season changes from summer to autumn. In the evenings, return to the Troutbeck estate and have the option to enjoy spa treatments, farm-to-table meals and even whiskey tastings, as well as exploration in town and beyond to such sites of interest as the Storm King Art Center and Stone Barns, home to Dan Barber’s award-winning Blue Hill restaurant and Stone Barns Center for food and agriculture. Highlights of this itinerary include the opportunity to:
- Join expert DuVine guides for daily, intermediate-level bike rides through the landscapes of the serene Hudson Valley, where the terrain shifts from wild forests and rolling hills to the vast banks of the Hudson River. Thanks to your guides and 24/7 van support, you will be able to make your cycling adventure as challenging or relaxed as you’d like it to be, while you make use of top-of-the-line cycling equipment, with daily bike maintenance servicing (e-bikes are also available).
- Sample the best of upstate New York’s food scene with immersive dining and tasting experiences at local favorite restaurants, including Arethusa al Tavolo, and farm-to-table establishments led by top chefs—all accompanied by beverages sourced from nearby microbreweries and vineyards, as well as a growing network of local distilleries making hand-crafted whiskey, bourbon, and gin.
- Supplement your cross-country biking activities with mountain biking or hiking.
- Relax at one of Hudson Valley’s finest luxury estate hotels, Troutbeck.
- Spend time enjoying Hudson Valley’s robust dining and art scenes on your own.
- Add on a post-trip extension planned by the travel experts at Indagare to other areas of upstate New York, Maine, Vermont or beyond.
Level of Difficulty: This trip is classified at a Level Two (out of four) riding level, which is the ideal level for intermediate riders who enjoy a moderate exertion level, with the option to incorporate additional rides for a greater challenge.
Pricing: From $3,195, per person, based on double occupancy, with a minimum party size of six people. Final pricing will be determined by the final party size, room category and travel dates. Contact our team for custom party sizes and rates.
Cancellation Policy: We are happy to offer free cancellation up to 37 days prior to departure. Our team also strongly recommends that you consider purchasing travel insurance (our team can provide a quote).
Indagare can also arrange this trip for custom dates, with pre- or post-trip extensions if desired, that accommodate your schedule. We can also curate private biking trips to points east (such as Vermont and Maine) or further west to Zion National Park, Sonoma, Santa Barbara and beyond. Contact our team at email@example.com to inquire.
The health and safety of our guests is our number-one priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. We are in close contact with all of our partners to ensure that they are committed to the health and comfort of our travelers by practicing enhanced sanitization and disinfecting procedures, respecting social distancing guidelines, and remaining as contactless as possible. For more information and questions about specific protocols that have been put into place to make your trip as safe as possible, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WhenCustom dates available upon request
Length4 days / 3 nights
Type of TravelerAdventurers , Foodies , Trailblazers