The Wall Street Journal Special Offers: Exclusive Packages Back to The Wall Street Journal Special Offers
The Whitby, New York City
With the Wall Street Journal | 2 Nights, From $1,190
Indagare and The Wall Street Journal have partnered again to bring you exclusive access to a curation of our favorite luxury properties across the United States—with the chance to escape and recharge amid pampering settings, and special amenities, preferable rates, flexible cancellation policies and the high-touch, personalized service of our expert team—so that you can get back on the road with greater confidence.
Just steps from Manhattan’s iconic holiday sites—Central Park, Rockefeller Center, The Plaza—The Whitby is a contemporary design-minded boutique hotel off of Fifth Avenue, on 56th Street. This intimate, eclectic hotel has a whimsical, downtown vibe and provides a private experience, without sacrificing convenience (it is surrounded by some of the city’s leading galleries, museums and luxury stores). The Whitby is an ideal place to stay for those looking to take advantage of the city sans crowds and spice up a staycation with some sight-seeing and shopping.
Rate: from $595 per stay, per night, based on double-occupancy accommodations for a minimum of two nights, excluding taxes and gratuity. Room rates are subject to change based on your travel dates, availability and room category choice.
This exclusive offer expires on March 31, 2021.
This Special Offer Includes:
- Accommodations at The Whitby, New York (room categories subject to availability)
- Guaranteed room category upgrade
- One breakfast for two guests
- Complimentary late check-out (2:00 p.m. ET)
- We are happy to offer free cancellation up to 4:00 p.m. ET on the day of arrival.
WSJ x Indagare Exclusive Benefits:
- Crafted with your needs—and your safety—in mind, this offer includes the services of Indagare’s expert trip-planning team, both while preparing for your departure and during your trip. You will have personal access to Indagare’s specialists for booking and travel advice, as well as assistance in arranging private transfers, flights, premium activities, and pre- and post-trip extensions for this trip.
- You may also have access to preferable private charter rates and additional amenities (subject to availability), when flights are booked in combination with this package.
- WSJ Members who book this package will receive a complimentary one-year Indagare Tier 3 Membership ($395 value), including access to a library of online content (live virtual travel experiences, hundreds of curated hotel and restaurant reviews and weekly travel intel and inspiration) as well as exclusive travel perks and more.
- WSJ+ Members who book this package will receive a complimentary one-year Indagare Tier 2 Membership ($825 value), including unlimited hotel recommendations and reservations, customized itinerary planning, access to flights specialists, exclusive invites, access to a library of online content (live virtual travel experiences, hundreds of curated hotel and restaurant reviews and weekly travel intel and inspiration) and VIP travel perks.
- WSJ+ Members will also receive a complimentary bottle of Champagne and bar snacks platter upon arrival.
About This Property:
A part of the esteemed Firmdale group, the Whitby presents a thoughtful collaboration of contemporary design and whimsical spirit. In many ways, the Whitby bears resemblance to its downtown sister property in SoHo, the Crosby Street Hotel. However, this boutique hotel on 56th street is unique in that it feels like a small, eclectic hotel, but is set in the center of Manhattan’s Midtown. Located on a street off Fifth Avenue, the hotel is surrounded by some of the city’s leading galleries, museums and luxury department stores, making it an ideal place to stay for those looking to sight-see and shop.
Entering the guest rooms feels like falling down Alice in Wonderland’s rabbit hole. Each room offers its own take on mod design and fanciful imagination. Firmdale Design Director Kit Kemp has an unrivaled knack for pairing seemingly arbitrary décor and fixtures and turning them into full-blown masterpieces. Each of the spacious 86 rooms and suites features floor-to-ceiling windows, and many have private terraces. As an added plus, the suites all feature a free-standing bath, too.
The two-bedroom Whitby Suite encompasses the entire top floor of the hotel, boasting an extensive living room and two furnished terraces. The hotel’s bar and restaurant are open to guests for breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus brunch on the weekends. Additional on-site amenities include a Drawing Room with rows of books and original artwork, a state-of-the-art cinema that can seat up to 130 guests and a fully-equipped gym.
Click here to read the full Indagare review.
Terms & Conditions:
- Free cancellation up to 4:00 p.m. ET on the day of arrival
- This offer applies to new bookings only
- This offer cannot be combined with other offers or promotions
- This offer is subject to availability and blackout dates may apply
- Offer is valid until March 31, 2021
The health and safety of our guests is our number-one priority. WSJ and Indagare are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and seamless travel experiences. We are in close contact with our partners to ensure that they are committed to the health and comfort of our travelers by practicing enhanced sanitization and disinfecting procedures, respecting social distancing guidelines, and remaining as contactless as possible. For more information and questions about specific protocols that have been put into place at this property to make your stay as safe as possible, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.