Special Offers: Exclusive Hotel and Itinerary Packages Back to Special Offers
Shou Sugi Ban House, Water Mill, New York
3 Nights, From $4,585
The 13-room Shou Sugi Ban House is a Japanese-inspired destination spa in the Hamptons—a zen escape with a ryokan-esque sense of place—that offers a wellness retreat experience and is perfect for travelers looking to rest, reset and take a holistic approach to their health. The beautiful property will appeal to design lovers and foodies, too (Mads Refslund, co-founder of Copenhagen’s Noma, is behind the spa’s popular culinary program).
Rate: from $4,585 per person, based on three-nights’ accommodations in a double-occupancy Guest Studio, excluding taxes and gratuity.
This Special Offer Includes:
- Three nights’ accommodations in a Guest Studio room
- Breakfast daily for up to two guests
- One dinner for up to two guests
- Complimentary access to daily scheduled programming
- One tea meditation for two
- One sacred sound experience for two
- One two-hour guided beach walk for two
- Our team has negotiated with our partners on your behalf to secure the following cancellation policy: A refundable 50% deposit is required at time of booking, with free cancellation up to 30 days prior to arrival. (October through April: In the event of a cancellation more than 14 days in advance, a refund will be issued. Cancellations made within 14 days of your scheduled visit are non-refundable.)
This exclusive offer expires on December 31, 2020. Crafted with your needs—and your safety—in mind, this package itinerary includes the services of our expert team in preparation for departure and on the ground, so that you can get back on the road with greater confidence. We are also offering discounted private charter rates with additional amenities, when booked in combination with this package.
About This Property:
A far cry from the sceney, rosé-filled resorts of Montauk, and a departure, still, from the cozy hotels of the rest of the Hamptons, Water Mill’s Shou Sugi Ban House is a retreat unlike any other. The 13-room wellness property, which is set on three acres right off of Montauk Highway, feels a world away from the crowds of the Hamptons: the zen retreat was inspired by Japan, where one of the owners lived, and it has much more in common with the country’s peaceful ryokans than a glitzy beach hotel. Located next door to the acclaimed Parrish Art Museum, Shou Sugi Ban House will also appeal to art and design lovers with its meticulously planned grounds and interior design. The property itself has Japanese gardens, winding rock pathways and an eight-ton buddha sculpture from Bali, and the facilities and rooms feature a neutral color scheme and minimalist aesthetic. The rooms are centered around a small pool, and have floor-to-ceiling windows, sleek furnishings, gas fireplaces, indoor and outdoor showers and either a hinoki ofuro (Japanese soaking tubs) or regular bathtub.
The daily schedule here is flexible, but might include a morning tea ceremony and meditation, a barre or HIIT class at the fitness pavilion, a massage and facial at the spa, afternoon yoga and a sound bath ceremony in the evening. Plus, you get to savor incredible meals, thanks to a culinary program that was designed by two-Michelin-starred chef Mads Refslund, the co-founder of Noma in Copenhagen. In addition to the main building—a beautiful, soaring space where meals take place and there is a lounge area—Shou Sugi Ban House has a workout facility where classes are offered daily and a five–treatment room spa with an infrared sauna and hydrotherapy pools. What really sets Shou Sugi Ban House apart, however, are the more holistic health experiences, like a post-dinner sound bath ritual, meditative guided beach walk, holotropic breathwork class and the grounding tea ceremonies, which happen every morning. It’s during these introspective moments that guests can focus on whatever brought them to Shou Sugi Ban House in the first place—and hone the skills and techniques needed to bring a piece of their newfound zen home.
Click here to read the full Indagare review.
Terms & Conditions:
- A refundable 50% deposit is required at time of booking, with the remaining balance payable by credit card 30 days prior to arrival. (October through April: In the event of a cancellation more than 14 days in advance, a refund will be issued. Cancellations made within 14 days of your scheduled visit are non-refundable.
- This offer applies to new bookings only.
- This offer cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.
- This offer is subject to availability and blackout dates may apply.
- Offer is valid until December 31, 2020.
The health and safety of our guests is our number-one priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and seamless travel experiences. We are in close contact with our partners to ensure that they are committed to the health and comfort of our travelers by practicing enhanced sanitization and disinfecting procedures, respecting social distancing guidelines, and remaining as contactless as possible. For more information and questions about specific protocols that have been put into place at this property to make your stay as safe as possible, please reach out to our team at email@example.com.