The Wall Street Journal Special Offers: Exclusive Packages Back to The Wall Street Journal Special Offers
Commodore Perry Estate, Austin, Texas
With the Wall Street Journal | 2 Nights, From $2,097
Indagare and The Wall Street Journal have partnered again to bring you exclusive access to a curation of our favorite luxury properties across the United States—with the chance to escape and recharge amid tranquil and idyllic settings, and special amenities, preferable rates, flexible cancellation policies and the high-touch, personalized service of our expert team—so that you can get back on the road with greater confidence.
The newest property in the Auberge Resorts Collection opened triumphantly this July, bringing contemporary glamour and delicate charm, inspired by Spanish Colonial and Italian Renaissance Revival design, to a restored historic estate set on 10 picturesque acres, just north of downtown Austin, that evoke the romance of times gone by.
Rate: from $699 per night, based on three-nights’ minimum accommodations (double-occupancy), excluding taxes, fees and gratuity. Room rates are subject to change based on your travel dates, availability and room category choice.
This exclusive offer expires on December 31, 2021.
This Special Offer Includes:
- Two nights’ accommodations (double occupancy) at the Commodore Perry Estate
- Daily breakfast credit of $70, to be enjoyed in the charming historic mansion or through in room dining
- Room category upgrade, subject to availability on the day of arrival
- One $200 credit available to use towards culinary experiences as well as on property dining
- Private picnic for two on the sprawling 10-acre estate
- We are happy to offer the following cancellation policy: Free cancellation up to 48 hours prior to arrival.
WSJ x Indagare Exclusive Benefits:
- Crafted with your needs—and your safety—in mind, this offer includes the services of Indagare’s expert trip-planning team, both while preparing for your departure and during your trip. You will have personal access to Indagare’s specialists for booking and travel advice, as well as assistance in arranging private transfers, flights, premium activities, and pre- and post-trip extensions for this trip.
- You may also have access to preferable private charter rates and additional amenities (subject to availability), when flights are booked in combination with this package.
- WSJ Members who book this package will receive a complimentary one-year Indagare Tier 3 Membership ($395 value), including access to a library of online content (live virtual travel experiences, hundreds of curated hotel and restaurant reviews and weekly travel intel and inspiration) as well as exclusive travel perks and more.
- WSJ+ Members who book this package will receive a complimentary one-year Indagare Tier 2 Membership ($825 value), including unlimited hotel recommendations and reservations, customized itinerary planning, access to flights specialists, exclusive invites, access to a library of online content (live virtual travel experiences, hundreds of curated hotel and restaurant reviews and weekly travel intel and inspiration) and VIP travel perks.
- WSJ+ Members will also receive a bottle of rosé upon arrival.
About This Property:
Tucked away within the heart of Austin, Texas (just north of downtown, in the Hancock Park neighborhood), on 10 secluded, walled acres of manicured gardens and lawns, the Commodore Perry Estate is one of the few hotels in the U.S. that has managed to open during the outbreak of COVID-19—and it has certainly managed well. Bright, sunny and oh-so-pretty, the Commodore Perry Estate offers the escape we all need right now: fragrant gardens for wandering, with distance; lemon-yellow striped umbrellas, which protect matching lounges that are spaced around a circular pool that invites you in for a quick cool-off; European-style open porches that overlook green lawns, where you can reserve a private picnic and enjoy local treats like cold fried chicken and Bee’s Knees cocktails, complete with your own gingham blanket; plush, four-poster beds fit for royalty; and an entertainment concept that serves up the best of Austin’s applauded live music and farm-to-table restaurant scenes. The property is imbued with just enough youth to feel exciting, but its true soul is glamorous and Old-World, thanks to the work of designer Ken Fulk, who honored the original mansion’s Italian Renaissance Revival roots with a wealth of antique pieces, as well as Spanish Colonial touches (it is also worth noting that the building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places). There are nearly 11,000 square feet to explore inside, and the hotel staff have been observing the social distancing and sanitization procedures that are now commonplace across hotels worldwide. History buffs will enjoy poking around the library to learn about the mansion’s first owner, Edgar Howard “Commodore” Perry, while music-lovers can avail themselves of the Listening Room, where vinyl records can be paired with a glass of small-batch bourbon (or mezcal, or Texas Whisky, or Napa Valley’s finest) for an afternoon of relaxation. And of course, wellness devotees are cared for here, as well: a broad range of fitness and meditation classes are on offer, and can be booked for outdoor exercise in a variety of settings around the grounds. For a first foray back into the world of travel, the Commodore Perry Estate promises a good time.
Click here to read the Wall Street Journal review.
Terms & Conditions:
- For cancellations made more than 48 hours prior to your scheduled arrival, you will receive a full refund.
- This offer applies to bookings of a three-night minimum.
- This offer applies to new bookings only
- This offer cannot be combined with other offers or promotions
- This offer is subject to availability and blackout dates may apply
- This offer is valid until December 31, 2021.
The health and safety of our guests is our number-one priority. WSJ and Indagare are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and seamless travel experiences. We are in close contact with our hotel partners to ensure that they are committed to the health and comfort of our travelers by practicing enhanced sanitization and disinfecting procedures, respecting social distancing guidelines, and remaining as contactless as possible. For more information and questions about specific protocols that have been put into place to make your stay as safe as possible, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.