Special Offers: Exclusive Hotel and Itinerary Packages Back to Special Offers
Miraval Austin, Texas
With the Wall Street Journal | 3 Nights, From $1,500
Indagare and The Wall Street Journal have partnered again to bring you exclusive access to a curation of our favorite luxury properties across the United States—with the chance to escape and recharge amid tranquil and idyllic settings, and special amenities, preferable rates, flexible cancellation policies and the high-touch, personalized service of our expert team—so that you can get back on the road with greater confidence.
Opened in late 2018 on a 220-acre nature preserve in the heart of the Texas Hill Country, close to Lake Travis, Miraval Austin (the sister property to the iconic Miraval Arizona destination spa) shares the hallmarks of the flagship: a wide range of activities, delicious and plentiful food, and the liberating notion that everything is optional. The landscape surrounding the retreat is forested with cedars and red oaks, providing a serene sense of seclusion in nature.
Rate: from $1,500 per person, for three-nights’ accommodations (double-occupancy), excluding taxes, fees and gratuity. Room rates are subject to change based on your travel dates, availability and room category choice.
This exclusive offer is subject to availability and is valid from September 1 to December 23, 2020.
This Special Offer Includes:
- Three nights’ accommodations (double occupancy) at the Miraval Austin
- Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as snacks and non-alcoholic beverages, for up to two guests
- $100 resort credit—per person, per stay (value based on three-nights’ stay)—that can be applied to culinary classes, equine experiences, spa services and other signature experiences
- A complimentary “Just Cook for Me” experience in Miraval’s Life in Balance Culinary Kitchen, created in partnership with Williams Sonoma, or a private equine experience
- Unlimited participation in select yoga, fitness and meditation classes; hiking and access to challenge courses; and wellness lectures with Miraval Specialists
- Room category upgrade(s), subject to availability upon day of arrival
- Transportation to and from the Austin-Bergstrom Airport
- We are happy to offer the following cancellation policy: A required refundable deposit of 50 percent of your total stay cost is due at the time of reservation, with free cancellation up to 21 days prior to arrival. For cancellations made more than 21 days prior to your scheduled arrival, you will receive a full refund of your deposit. For cancellations made within 21 days prior to arrival, your deposit will be held for future use (within the same calendar year).
WSJ x Indagare Exclusive Benefits:
- Crafted with your needs—and your safety—in mind, this offer includes the services of Indagare’s expert trip-planning team, both while preparing for your departure and during your trip. You will have personal access to Indagare’s specialists for booking and travel advice, as well as assistance in arranging private transfers, flights, premium activities, and pre- and post-trip extensions for this trip.
- You may also have access to preferable private charter rates and additional amenities (subject to availability), when flights are booked in combination with this package.
- WSJ Members who book this package will receive a complimentary one-year Indagare Tier 3 Membership ($395 value), including access to a library of online content (live virtual travel experiences, hundreds of curated hotel and restaurant reviews and weekly travel intel and inspiration) as well as exclusive travel perks and more.
- WSJ+ Members who book this package will receive a complimentary one-year Indagare Tier 2 Membership ($825 value), including unlimited hotel recommendations and reservations, customized itinerary planning, access to flights specialists, exclusive invites, access to a library of online content (live virtual travel experiences, hundreds of curated hotel and restaurant reviews and weekly travel intel and inspiration) and VIP travel perks.
- WSJ+ Members will also receive a surprise local amenity upon arrival.
About This Property:
The Miraval Austin’s 117 rooms and suites are set in two-story cottages with a modern aesthetic. Public spaces, including the Yoga Barn, the Body Mindfulness fitness center, and the 20,000-square-foot spa, are gorgeous, with soaring 30-foot ceilings and plenty of natural light (all of these spaces have been modified to allow for smaller occupancy rates and all necessary social distancing practices; most programs must now be reserved in advance and sanitization procedures are followed for all used equipment). Like its Tucson sister property, Miraval Austin offers a wide range of activities, about 30 or so a day. Activities range from the usual mindfulness and fitness selections (yoga, meditation, spin class) to more playful choices like Texas line dancing or cardio drumming. Just down the hill from the main area is a lovely ten-acre farm, with horses, chickens and bee colonies, that supplies the dining room with fresh eggs, produce, herbs and honey. A farm tour is a must and you can even sign up to be a beekeeper for a day. Spa services are extensive and include more esoteric options like Ayurvedic massages, while kayaking and stand-up paddle boarding on nearby Lake Travis are also available.
Meals are taken in the main dining room, which has a 30-foot ceiling, a wood-burning fireplace, and a large terrace with a very pretty view of the surrounding hills and the lake below. There is also a snack bar called The Nest, where you can get kale smoothies, artisanal teas and coffee, and snacks like herbed popcorn or lettuce wraps with sriracha chicken. Unlike some destination spas, Miraval embraces wine; indeed, Indagare highly recommends the wine-tasting classes led by the food and beverage manager and sommelier. In addition, there are daily specials that manage to feel decadent in spite of maintaining low calorie counts—and hospitality is where Miraval shines: the team is extremely warm and friendly and everyone makes an effort to connect with guests.
Click here to read the full Indagare review.
Terms & Conditions:
- A required refundable deposit of 50 percent of your total stay cost is due at the time of reservation, with free cancellation up to 21 days prior to arrival. For cancellations made more than 21 days prior to your scheduled arrival, you will receive a full refund of your deposit. For cancellations made within 21 days prior to arrival, your deposit will be held for future use (within the same calendar year).
- This offer applies to new bookings only
- This offer cannot be combined with other offers or promotions
- This offer is subject to availability and blackout dates may apply
- This exclusive offer is subject to availability and is valid from September 1 to December 23, 2020.
The health and safety of our guests is our number-one priority. WSJ and Indagare are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and seamless travel experiences. We are in close contact with our hotel partners to ensure that they are committed to the health and comfort of our travelers by practicing enhanced sanitization and disinfecting procedures, respecting social distancing guidelines, and remaining as contactless as possible. For more information and questions about specific protocols that have been put into place to make your stay as safe as possible, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.