While travelers flock to Aspen for its snow-white powder and buzzy après-ski scene, insiders know that this Western town is just as lovely—if not more so—in the late summer, when cool forests on the brink of autumnal foliage offer crystal-clear mountain views, and rolling fields bloom in blankets of wildflowers. It’s the ideal spot for a cycling adventure—and with this curated itinerary, crafted in partnership with DuVine Cycling + Adventure Co., you can discover hidden trails suited for scenic rides, reflection in nature and athletic challenge, in equal measure. In the evenings, return to the Indagare-adored property The Little Nell for relaxation and a taste of Aspen’s acclaimed food scene.
Plus—check out our new cycling itinerary with DuVine in the Hudson Valley!
What to Expect
On this special cycling journey, travelers will be able to go off the beaten track to explore Aspen’s lush terrain, just as the season changes from summer to autumn. In the evenings, return to The Little Nell and have the option to enjoy spa treatments, farm-to-table meals and even wine tastings, as well as exploration in town and more. Highlights of this itinerary include the opportunity to:
- Join expert DuVine guides for daily, intermediate-level bike rides through the peaceful landscapes of beautiful Aspen, where the terrain shifts from wild forests and rocky alpine slopes to wildflower-covered fields, glacial valleys and sunny riverbanks. Thanks to your guides and 24/7 van support, you will be able to make your cycling adventure as challenging or relaxed as you’d like it to be, while you make use of top-of-the-line cycling equipment, with daily bike maintenance servicing (e-bikes are also available).
- Supplement your cross-country biking activities with mountain biking, hiking or stand-up paddle-boarding, as well as fun touring activities like riding into a ghost town to learn about Aspen’s silver mining history with a retired miner.
- Sample the best of Western American cuisine with hand-picked meals at local favorite restaurants, as well as farm-to-table establishments led by top chefs—all accompanied by beverages sourced from nearby microbreweries and vineyards.
- Relax at one of Aspen’s finest luxury hotels, The Little Nell.
- Spend time enjoying Aspen’s robust dining and shopping scenes on your own.
- Add on a post-trip extension planned by the travel experts at Indagare to Wyoming, Montana, Utah or beyond.
Level of Difficulty: This trip is classified at a Level Three (out of four) riding level, which would be a perfect challenge for intermediate riders who enjoy rolling terrain.
Pricing: From $4,195, per person, based on double occupancy, with a minimum party size of six people. Final pricing will be determined by the final party size, room category and travel dates. Contact our team for custom party sizes and rates.
Cancellation Policy: We are happy to offer free cancellation up to 37 days prior to departure. Our team also strongly recommends that you consider purchasing travel insurance (our team can provide a quote).
Indagare can also arrange this trip for custom dates, with pre- or post-trip extensions if desired, that accommodate your schedule. We can also curate private biking trips to points east (such as Vermont and Maine) or further west to Zion National Park, Sonoma, Santa Barbara and beyond. Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
The health and safety of our guests is our number-one priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. We are in close contact with all of our partners to ensure that they are committed to the health and comfort of our travelers by practicing enhanced sanitization and disinfecting procedures, respecting social distancing guidelines, and remaining as contactless as possible. For more information and questions about specific protocols that have been put into place to make your trip as safe as possible, please reach out to our team at email@example.com.
WhenCustom dates available upon request
Length4 days / 3 nights
Type of TravelerAdventurers , Trailblazers , Ultimate Indulgers