At Indagare, we love hunting for creative gifts, especially the ones that complement our loved ones’ travels. Read on for our ultimate guide to the best presents for every traveler, from the adventurer and wellness fanatic to the foodie and style maven, plus gifts for little ones.
Contact Indagare to start planning a trip today.
For the Adventurer
From the ultimate duffel to all-purpose travel pants, these gifts will please the outdoor adventurer and adrenaline junkie on your list.
- Aether Apparel Jackets – Men’s and Women’s: “Sleek and stylish, the Nordic jacket is also supremely functional. I wore it hiking Kilimanjaro!” ~ Indagare Marketing Director Diana Li
- Paskho Travel Pants
- Rains duffel:“Waterproof and chic, this bag works well for an adventurous trip like a safari but also functions as an extra bag for destinations where you’re going to shop a lot (like Marrakech and India).” ~ Indagare Customer Experience Manager Marley Blandori
For the Wellness Fanatic
The wellness trend shows no signs of stopping, and these editor-approved gifts are proven worthy for the health enthusiast.
- Aman Skincare Set
- Sakara Ten-Day Reset Cleanse
- Goop Everyday Oil
- Astier de Villatte Candles
- Slip Sleek Mask: “Sleep masks are a go-to carry-on for long flights. This silk one is comfortable and stylish.” ~ Indagare Trip Designer Caroline Hansen
- Recess Face Wipes
- Quip toothbrushes: “Sleek and simplistic, this electronic toothbrush makes my daily brushing fun and easy. Even better, the brush holder becomes a travel case that attaches to any mirror for easy accessibility” ~ Indagare Trip Designer Missy Weil
For the Conscious Traveler
- Nalgene Water Bottle, with a contribution to the Nalgene Water Fund promoting access to clean water
- An adopted hippopotamus through a small conservation organization in Zimbabwe, which provides monthly updates about your adopted hippo
This year, our staffers are also making donations on behalf of loved ones to some of our favorite organizations:
- Center for Responsible Travel (CREST), which raises awareness of the importance of responsible tourism, particularly in this age of “overtourism”
- Maloto, which supports health and nutrition programs, as well as educational programming, for women and children in northern Malawi
- Partners in Health, which works with local governments and leading medical institutions to strengthen health systems in communities around the globe
- Reach The World, which connects global travelers with K-12 students in underserved U.S. communities to inspire today’s youth to become responsible global citizens
For the Style Maven
Every stylish traveler has their go-to items for trips to the tropics and long-haul flights. Here are some of our favorites.
- Jewelry (we love Soko Necklace, Melissa Joy Manning Moonstone Single Drop Earrings and St. Frank Cobalt Necklace)
- SZ Block Print PJ Set: “These beautiful goods are made in Jaipur and 10 percent of the profits go to a foundation supporting women’s empowerment.” ~ Indagare Customer Experience Manager Marley Lynch
- Gigi Burris Packable Straw Sun Hat
- Cashmere (we love White and Warren and Morgan Lane): “You can’t go wrong with a cozy cashmere set. They are perfect for long train and plane rides, and the sparkly rim (on the Morgan Lane set) is a nice touch!” ~ Indagare Associate Editor Elizabeth Harvey
- Allbirds shoes: “Allbirds’ Treetoppers are made from light-weight renewable materials, and the Mizzle shoes are waterproof and easy to pack.” ~ Indagare Content Director Jen Barr
Related: How To Build Your Travel Bucket List
For the Ultimate Jetsetter
From our favorite headphones to a tried-and-true dopp kit, these useful gifts are ideal for the jetsetter on your list.
- Airline miles
- Paravel Aviator wheeled carry-on
- Photo books from Artifact Uprising to fill with travel memories
- Lotuff Leather Dopp Kitt
- Traveling Backgammon Set: “Vintage-inspired backgammon boards harken back to the Golden Age of travel, and this roll-up set is perfect for taking on the go.” ~ Indagare Membership Manager Sarah Levine
- Vacation Photographer: Flytographer
- Sennheiser headphones: “These are considered by audiophiles to be the highest quality headphones you can buy. This month, they’re releasing their first wireless earbuds, which would make a great gift for long flights.” ~ Indagare Trip Designer Colin Heinrich
- Universal USB Travel Power Adapter: “This adapter truly has everything you’ll ever need at home or abroad. It’s a good size and works in more than 150 countries, so you can charge up to five devices at the same time.” ~ Indagare Content Director Jen Barr
- Leather Cuyana Travel Case: “I always need pouches to organize my electronics, accessories, makeup and jewelry in my larger carry-on. I love these from Cuyana.” ~ Indagare Founder Melissa Biggs Bradley
- Skyroam Wifi Hotspot
- An Indagare membership and a spot on one of Indagare’s 2020 Insider Journeys
For the Foodie and Host
From cookbooks to cocktail kits, these creative items make perfect holiday dinner party gifts.
- A cooking class at one of the world’s top hotel cooking schools
- Try the World International Gift boxes
- Port of Mokha monthly coffee subscription
- Carry-On Cocktail Kit: “These cocktail kits are easy to throw in to your carry-on and make a great in-flight cocktail. Plus, their packaging is adorable.” ~ Indagare Travel Operations Specialist Kathryn Nathanson
For Budding Globe-Trotters
- Skip Hop Zoo Kids Rolling Luggage:“These give kids the feeling of independence when going on a trip. We pack the kids’ essentials in our bigger bags and let them ‘pack’ their own bag using these. They have plenty of room for toys, books, iPads etc. Plus, they fit perfectly into the overhead bin.” ~ Indagare VP of Marketing Lisa Kolodny
- JetKids Carry-on Ride
Contact Indagare to start planning a trip today.