Travel to the ends of the earth to explore the White Continent and discover the majesty of this icy frontier on an unforgettable adventure through sea and snow aboard the state-of-the-art Ultramarine expedition yacht, all while in the company of biologists, glaciologists and environmentalists who know just how special—and vulnerable—Antarctica truly is.
To read more about why it is important to travel to Antarctica—now more than ever—read this essay from Indagare’s Colin Heinrich, who visited the continent in 2019.
What to Expect
Highlights of this itinerary include the opportunity to:
- Visit Antarctica like never before possible in the company of Indagare founder and CEO Melissa Biggs Bradley, aboard the brand-new Quark Ultramarine. You’ll have the chance to sail aboard a state-of-the-art polar-travel vessel (equipped with two twin-engine helicopters), which offers a robust portfolio of adventure activities and luxurious, modern suites, breathtaking public spaces, and more outdoor wildlife-viewing spaces than any other expedition ship of its size.
- Enjoy zodiac sailing excursions, hiking trips and helicopter flight-seeing over the true final frontier of Planet Earth: the White Continent. As you check this item off of your Bucket List, you can marvel at giant icebergs rising out of the ocean, killer whales on the hunt, and charming penguins as they build their rookeries across the snow—and much more—all while enjoying expert guidance from biologists, glaciologists, and historians, who will provide essential context regarding Antarctica’s wildlife and ecology.
- Enjoy a two-night stay in Buenos Aires to acclimate before heading further south, with the chance to spend time exploring this dynamic city and dine at some of the finest restaurants in South America, with tango performances and more.
- Travel in good conscience, knowing that your entire trip has been set up as a carbon-neutral expedition, designed by our team with special care to reduce unnecessary energy waste. Additionally, a portion of the trip’s cost will go towards support Indagare’s conservation and environmental initiatives to protect vulnerable environments like Antarctica all around the world.
- Expand your journey with a custom, Indagare-planned trip extension within Argentina or beyond.
WhenOctober 30 – November 10, 2021
Length12 days / 11 nights
Type of TravelerAdventurers , Trailblazers , Soul Searchers