Often described as Africa’s final frontier—and one of the least-populated places in the world—Namibia consists of desert, sand dunes, huge open spaces and great swaths of silence. Here, you can strike a balance between meditation and adventure, on nature walks through otherworldly landscapes, game drives to see incredible wildlife, excursions by air and by water, and tours for photography and cultural exchange—all while based at the region’s most beautiful luxury safari lodges.
The health and safety of our travelers is our No. 1 priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. For more information and questions, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Expect
Itinerary highlights include:
- Traverse one of Africa’s final frontiers in safety and comfort, with private charters, Indagare guides and accommodations at our favorite luxury lodges, including Little Kulala, Hoanib Skeleton Camp and Serra Cafema.
- Discover Namibia’s awe-inspiring landscapes—a true photographer’s paradise—through hikes, walks and nature drives with expert guides, as well as outdoor adventure activities like kayaking, hot air ballooning and quad biking.
- Explore the Namib Naukluft National Park to search for local species like ostrich, springbok, gemsbok, bat-eared fox, cape fox, brown hyena and black-backed jackal.
- Explore Sossusvlei’s iconic giant red sand dunes, with the chance to climb one of the highest dunes, “Big Daddy,” and visit Deadvlei, an ancient white-clay pan.
- See the otherworldly Skeleton Coast by air and by land. A top destination for surfers and photographers alike, this vast desert along the beach is dotted with shipwrecks and an amazing array of wildlife, including seabird colonies, cape fur seals and desert-adapted elephants and lions.
- Meet with the Himba—some of the desert-dwelling semi-nomadic people living in the area—on a visit to learn about their community life, traditions and history.
- Add a customized Indagare post-trip to South Africa, Botswana, Victoria Falls or beyond.
Please note that elements of the itinerary may change.
Contact our team at email@example.com to inquire about customizing this trip for your small group or private experience, over dates of your choosing.
WhenNovember 28 or 29 – December 7, 2022
Length9 days / 8 nights
Type of TravelerTrailblazers , Soul Searchers , Adventurers