Considered the last Buddhist Kingdom, Bhutan sits at the foot of the Himalayas and has remained isolated from the modern world for centuries. It is home to one of the world’s most fascinating cultures (it claims to be the happiest country on earth) and beautiful landscapes that are truly wild (it is the only country that is carbon-negative). You can explore this captivating place with daily hikes through rural towns and lush forests, as you make your way to the legendary Tiger’s Nest and relax at incredible Six Senses lodges. Along the way, discover ancient monasteries and rustic farmhouses, where you will be welcomed for meals, meditations and more.
A spot on this trip can be secured with a non-refundable deposit of $4,500, per person.
The health and safety of our travelers is our number-one priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. We are in close contact with all of our partners to ensure that they are committed to the health and comfort of our travelers by practicing enhanced sanitization and disinfecting procedures, respecting social distancing guidelines, and remaining as contactless as possible. For more information and questions about specific protocols that have been put into place to make your trip as safe as possible, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Expect
This packaged itinerary combines the best of Indagare’s destination expertise and insider intel. Itinerary highlights include:
- Challenge yourself and marvel at the natural beauty of Bhutan on hiking trails that wind through forest-covered mountains dotted with ancient temples and rural villages—including the famous trek up to the awe-inspiring Tiger’s Nest.
- Immerse yourself in the spirituality of one of the world’s oldest Buddhist countries with visits to monasteries and sacred sites, where you will meet Buddhist monks and have the opportunity to experience private meditations, blessing ceremonies and astrology readings.
- Explore Bhutan’s unique culture, architecture and history, as you journey from Paro to Thimphu, Punakha and Gangtey, through meetings with local farmers, tours of medieval fortresses and castles and stops for scenic picnics along the way.
- Relax and reset with spa treatments at the pampering Six Senses Bhutan lodges, with the opportunity to have a “wellness screening” with a healer who can design a customized spa plan for the duration of the trip, to enhance your physical and spiritual journey.
- Explore Thimphu, Bhutan’s capital (and the only city in the world without a single traffic light) with a local insider, who will guide you on visits to top museums, art institutes, shops and more.
- Enjoy an unforgettable farewell dinner under the stars in the ruins of a 15th-century dzong fortress, complete with live music, folk dancing and a traditional Bhutanese tasting menu.
- Expand your journey with a custom, Indagare-planned itinerary to India, Thailand or beyond.
Please note that elements of the itinerary may change.
Contact our team at email@example.com to inquire about customizing this trip for your small group or private experience, over dates of your choosing.
WhenSeptember 8 - 16, 2021
Length9 days / 8 nights
Type of TravelerSoul Searchers , Trailblazers , Intellectuals